@%&#ty Car Mods

Started by Mr. Analog, August 19, 2017, 02:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Darn forum profanity filter strikes again

Mr. Analog

LOL I never even thought about it - I should have used a URL shortener :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I like the monstercar. I want one.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Lazybones on August 19, 2017, 02:44:29 PM
Darn forum profanity filter strikes again

Depends on your individual settings I guess?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

I guess you have to decide whether "@%&#ty" means "poorly done" or "in poor taste" or "subjectively not my cup of tea".  Quite a few there are well-made but not something I could ever see myself drive around in.  But then, there are still people that drive Azteks, so...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

It covers the spectrum from just bad to just a bad idea
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So here's a good un from today

Camping anyone?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Yikes this made me curious if there was a way to safely setup a fifth wheel with an SUV, turns out there is.

http://www.safetyhitch2.com/

Thorin

Quote from: Lazybones on April 30, 2019, 09:28:23 PM
Yikes this made me curious if there was a way to safely setup a fifth wheel with an SUV, turns out there is.

http://www.safetyhitch2.com/

You will likely exceed your maximum axle, gross vehicle, and gross combined ratings by a large amount if you use The Automated Safety Hitch System with an SUV and a fifth wheel.  Although The Automated Safety Hitch System puts a real wrinkle in the axle and gross vehicle calculations because it's semi-hard-linked to your vehicle's frame so it does have tongue weight past the back bumper causing the front to lift, but not nearly as much as a long trailer.

Honestly, it's easier to just find a conventional trailer, it'll be less tall so less wind resistance and it'll be shorter so fit better in spaces and there'll be more places with experience that can help you park or fix it or whatever.

Are you thinking of a trailer for your little Mazda?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Lol no, was just thinking of you owned the 5th wheel already and no longer had a truck could you do it.