Keanu Reeves To Star In Cowboy Bebop???

Started by Mr. Analog, January 16, 2009, 12:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

from the what-the-@%&# dept.

Remember the "Good Idea/Bad Idea" bit from Tiny Toons? Well, first of all live action anime sucks wherever it is made, but live action anime with a block of wood playing an iconic hero is just too much for this fanboy to handle...

QuoteKeanu Reeves is going intergalactic again.

He of the comforting monotone has hitched his wagon to 20th Century Fox's big-screen adaptation of the acclaimed Japanese anime series Cowboy Bebop, which is set in 2071, 50 years after a massive lunar explosion decimated Earth's population and necessitated the colonization of the entire solar system.

Thanks to greater than usual logistical issues, an elite team of Old West-style bounty hunters, or cowboys, is needed to keep the peace.

Per the Hollywood Reporter, Reeves is attached to play Spike Siegel, a reformed criminal turned space cowboy and copilot of the Bebop, who, like a character from the actor's past, is well-versed in kung fu and other combat skills but is toting around quite a few personal demons.

No word yet on who's in line to play Spike's copilot, Jet Black, a onetime Inter-Solar System cop with a mechanical arm, but so far we're liking the whole Firefly-Battlestar Galactica-Bill & Ted vibe.

I mean, as if the Dragonball live action movie wasn't bad enough, at least it had an excuse (chopsocky Hong Kong specials can only get so "good"). And the prospect of an M. Nigh Shamamalam'n directed live-action version of Avatar has me filling my head with copious amounts of bafflement. I CANNOT FATHOM why ANYONE would do a live action version of Cowboy Bebop OR why they would pick such a truly awful actor.

Of course, this could all be rumour and not worth caring, but if it's not... !!!

OP:
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b79405_keanu_saddles_up_cowboy_bebop.html
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

When I first saw this post I immediatly though of that one Robot Chicken sketch with Keanu being the same wooden person he is, in all his parts :o
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on January 16, 2009, 06:12:06 PM
When I first saw this post I immediatly though of that one Robot Chicken sketch with Keanu being the same wooden person he is, in all his parts :o

Oh jeez :lol:

*Whoa!*
By Grabthar's Hammer