Fragapalooza 2013

Started by Melbosa, March 27, 2013, 04:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 07, 2013, 05:52:52 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on August 07, 2013, 05:51:54 PM
Get an IRC client for your fancy smartphone :)

But I'm sitting in front of a giant computer updating my drivers and such :P
So what do I need a controller for?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on August 07, 2013, 05:58:36 PM

Video computer games :)

I have a few 2 player games that use controllers OR if you want to try your hand at Rogue Legacy

XBox 360 wired controller works great
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 07, 2013, 06:49:43 PM
Quote from: Tom on August 07, 2013, 05:58:36 PM

Video computer games :)

I have a few 2 player games that use controllers OR if you want to try your hand at Rogue Legacy

XBox 360 wired controller works great
I see. Well I didn't have time (or remember) today to go look at controllers. so I'll bring my sidewinder (if I can find it), but I don't know how well it'll work.

I picked up a bunch of snacks and drinks (pepsi and pop shoppe pop!). I forgot to get water. crap. my head just isn't working today. ah well. I'm sure we can figure something out when we get there I guess.

Mr. Analog

I was going to pick up some water tomorrow so we're good :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 07, 2013, 09:16:32 PM
I was going to pick up some water tomorrow so we're good :)
Aah, good. get lots. :D I'm sure we'll need it.

I'm thinking of bringing my cooler again, though probably not the big one, that ended up being mostly just in the way. I've got a small cooler bag, and that small cooler we can use to keep a few drinks cool.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Thanks for coming guys.  I have game prizes for you.  Just need to friend Fragapalooza_Admin on Steam.

Overall on of the best Frags except for when I had to throw out the drunks with beer.

Hope you guys had a good time.  Sorry we never hooked up on games.  Never did match up in timing.  Always kept missing each other.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

Quote from: Melbosa on August 11, 2013, 10:01:20 PM
Overall on of the best Frags except for when I had to throw out the drunks with beer.

I wonder if they truly understood why drinking beer was not allowed in an unlicensed public all-ages event in a public place such as Rec center.

Can you believe it's over already?!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

No I can't.  It went fast.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on August 11, 2013, 10:10:51 PM
Quote from: Melbosa on August 11, 2013, 10:01:20 PM

I wonder if they truly understood why drinking beer was not allowed in an unlicensed public all-ages event in a public place such as Rec center.

I guess they took this to heart...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

Too late this year but getting getting the word out on reddit in the correct subreddits in advance next year might help

However  looking at the comments http://www.reddit.com/r/Edmonton/comments/1juhjq/fragapalooza_is_coming_up_august_811th_at_leduc/

- Online gaming is much better now
- We go just to play with our friends anyway
- People have kids and it is hard to get out
- Cost is high for the younger attendees.

Hmm sounds like some of the reasons I have for not being able to attend, you know other than the travel cost.. P.S. I checked ant flying out Friday night and returning Sunday would have cost about $512. ;) Ran it past the wife and she wasn't thrilled with my spontaneous idea...

Thorin

You're not supposed to run it by the wife, you're supposed to call her from Leduc and tell her you'll be back on Monday.  Also, Fraga starts on Thursday, you should be flying out Wednesday during the day so that you can be rested up for the event.

Alright, that was just kidding.

Yeah, I'm surprised form how far away some people come, it's a lot of travelling and a lot of expenses.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 12, 2013, 11:44:08 AM
You're not supposed to run it by the wife, you're supposed to call her from Leduc and tell her you'll be back on Monday.  Also, Fraga starts on Thursday, you should be flying out Wednesday during the day so that you can be rested up for the event.

Alright, that was just kidding.

Yeah, I'm surprised form how far away some people come, it's a lot of travelling and a lot of expenses.

True, but I have this unfortunate thing called work that made leaving on Wednesday impractical. I was actually however formulating a last min plan to fly out directly after work on Friday so I could get two nights of frag in...

Thorin

Yeah I was joking, I totally understand having work.  My family went out to a friend's lake lot yesterday to sleep over, I had to drive home to work today as there's no internet out there.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 12, 2013, 12:24:30 PM
Yeah I was joking, I totally understand having work.  My family went out to a friend's lake lot yesterday to sleep over, I had to drive home to work today as there's no internet out there.

Ya low-lying lakes are bad for cell coverage.