Internet affair leads to divorce..

Started by CowGirl, September 17, 2007, 05:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CowGirl

i aM A NoBoDy, NoBoDy iS PeRfEcT, tHeReFoRe, I'M PeRfEcT!

Thorin

Ha ha!  The best part is that they could've just as easily realized they can just be nice to each other and they'll be each other's soul mates.  Y'know, treat each other in real life like they did online.

Wasn't there even a movie made on this topic?  [to IMDb!]  Ah yes, You've Got Mail.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I was thinking the 13th Floor myself haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Can't communicate feeling to each other face to face, but online it is a perfect match?

Solution... Lets not start over, lets use this as a grounds for divorce.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on September 17, 2007, 06:22:53 PM
Ha ha!  The best part is that they could've just as easily realized they can just be nice to each other and they'll be each other's soul mates.  Y'know, treat each other in real life like they did online.

"To be honest I still find it hard to believe that the person, Sweetie, who wrote such wonderful things to me on the internet, is actually the same woman I married and who has not said a nice word to me for years."
Yeah well Mr. Gentleman I am sure you have been all lovey-dovey to HER all that time, right? ::sigh::

my faves:

"It was amazing, we seemed to be stuck in the same kind of miserable marriages"
Strange, that, huh? Well at least they have a lot in common -- they hate their current spouses. That's the foundation for a motel meeting at the very least ::rolleyes::

"I was so happy to have found a woman who finally understood me. Then it turned out that I hadn't found anyone new at all"
Nice admission, you weren't looking for "Miss Right" you were looking for "Miss Right As Long As She's Also Somebody New" ::) That makes me think of the Chris Farley SNL sketch with the "decaf coffee", where he liked it until being told the Secret -- then he went all Tazmanian Devil on them ^_^

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

It's the old saying "A change is as good as a rest"

I don't care who you are, at some point in a relationship you're not going to like each other (IMO, that's healthy). I think this story also illustrates the power of communication. If you can't *really* talk to each other then the relationship is fake in a way, it's one person driving and the other person "tolerating". That can only last so long before it comes to a head.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tonnica

Oh man. While I don't have the full picture it seems to me like kind of a waste that they divorce. If the internet is the domain where they managed to find each other again, maybe they should stick with that for a little while and rediscover themselves.

Sure they were going to cheat on one another, but they ended up coming right back to each other. If I were in that situation I'd laugh my butt off rather than be pissed. :D

Thorin

When I first read this story, I thought, "Gee, why don't they just pretend they don't know each other, they're each other's soulmates!".  But then I realized that they probably talked a lot about their spouse, and it was probably all bad...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful