Main Menu

Thanks.

Started by Bixby, August 21, 2010, 11:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixby

I thought I would take a moment to say thanks. Over the last 5 years I have been a member of a number of forums. The last few years I have engaged in a couple of "Social Engienerring" initiatives. Based on recommendations and personal experience, I selected Simple Machines Forums (SMF) as our Discussion Forums software. In many ways I have used this site to learn about aspects of SMF.

I have run a set of discussion forums (Bixby's) for family and friends for about three years. We hover at about 100 members, (I prune inactive members pretty aggressively). In that time we have garnered quite a bit of success in using the software for event planning. The calendar is a central part of what we use. Not a lot of discussions per se as would be typical in a set of discussion forums. It is a great organizational tool.

That brings me to our current project. I was challenged to take the success of our private forums and create a site that would help with the organization of gaming in Saskatchewan. We are well underway and have not even gone live and we are getting lots of activity.

I have learned lots in the last few years and appreciate the patience and support for my silly questions and poking around. The new site incorporates security to maintain access to private venues while giving full access to public venues. I am excited to see how this develops.

Have a peak if you like: http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php

I know I am not a very active member here, but I thought it was prudent to offer thanks for allowing me to lurk, learn , and occasionally post. :)

Melbosa

Bixby, always a pleasure to share thoughts and ideas with you.  Thanks for being a part of our tight little community ;).
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

You're always welcome here, nice lookin' project there.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 21, 2010, 01:20:14 PM
You're always welcome here, nice lookin' project there.

"Life is Short; Play Games."
nice!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.