Minecraft Overviewer

Started by Thorin, March 28, 2012, 05:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on March 29, 2012, 12:10:36 AM
I looked into getting the POI stuff to mark nether portals, but it doesn't seem like the genPOI script knows how to do that yet. So all we get for now is signs.

http://docs.overviewer.org/en/latest/signs/

Looks like you can run it as --genpoi from the main script or stand alone...

reading it it sounds like you need to define your own filter function then apply them in the config before it does anything. this would be so handy to toss up signs in game and have them appear on the map...

Might want to try and make a standard like Looking for the the characters "[","}" "#", and maybe "@" that may not normally appear in singes but could be used for emphasis in game without looking strange.

Lazybones

Tom

Signs seem to work ok at the moment.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on March 29, 2012, 11:33:07 AM

Cool, I see the option now...

Maybe we should build some filters for special sign types? Some areas of the map have a lot of signs. ;)

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on March 29, 2012, 11:36:34 AM

Maybe we should build some filters for special sign types? Some areas of the map have a lot of signs. ;)
I was thinking about it. Some places like to place [POI] on the first line, or we could do something else. Have separate types as well. Like ones for direction, one for POIs etc.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on March 29, 2012, 11:50:42 AM

I was thinking about it. Some places like to place [POI] on the first line, or we could do something else. Have separate types as well. Like ones for direction, one for POIs etc.

Instead of a hard [POI] I was thinking just look for special tags..

[]
#
@
that would not be in most Signs or are easy to add without wasting a whole line of text.

For Directions we already seem to be using:
-->
<--
^

Lazybones

Personally I would like to NOT see All signs in general since many label peoples indoor chests, ect... but others may not agree.

This tools is looking great btw, thank-you for setting it up.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on March 29, 2012, 12:00:37 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 29, 2012, 11:50:42 AM

Instead of a hard [POI] I was thinking just look for special tags..

[]
#
@
that would not be in most Signs or are easy to add without wasting a whole line of text.

For Directions we already seem to be using:
-->
<--
^
What would those tags mean?

Lazybones

Filter Name: Directions
Filter character sets:
<--
-->
^
Example Sign:
Spawn Station
-->

Filter Name: Major POI
Filter character sets:
[
]
Example Sign
[Spawn Station]

Filter Name: Personal Buildings
Filter character set:
{
}
Example:
{Lazybones Place}
or
Lazybones
Tree House

Filter Name: Trading Chests
Filter character set:
Example:
*Free Stuff*
*Help your self*

Just tossing around Ideas... I know that some other mods are able to pickup invisible ASCII characters so to keep sign looking nice it might be possible to use those as instead to tag signs so the tag is invisible in game... It would just require adding a ALT+character to the sign text when making it.

Mr. Analog

That's really clever, I'd love to see if something like that was set up

Hey yeah, if I didn't say so great job on this feature guys, very very cool!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

So it is very kewl to look at, but I wish you could strip or segment layers when looking at caverns... right now you can't see the biggest work I've done because it is under stewie's and spectre's stuff
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

There looks to be so much more to the stronghold and mines in that area that we didn't even dig to.  I see two stronghold main rooms and lots of mines off near lava all in that area (mostly NE/SE of there)

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on March 29, 2012, 04:07:20 PM
There looks to be so much more to the stronghold and mines in that area that we didn't even dig to.  I see two stronghold main rooms and lots of mines off near lava all in that area (mostly NE/SE of there)

We could just start murdering endermen for their Ender Pearls so we can get into the end... but then we would have to all be on line to take on the Ender dragon.

Melbosa

So is this dynamic or does a script need to run to update it?