Recent posts

Minecraft / Re: Witch Farm
Last post by Mr. Analog - August 12, 2022, 07:18:21 AM
I didn't even know that witches could be farmed!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Minecraft / Witch Farm
Last post by LennyLen - August 12, 2022, 02:30:14 AM
I wanted a replenishing source of glowstone dust for brewing, and while the item farm does generate some, it only does so at low amounts and the item farm has to be cleared regularly or it starts to glitch.

So I've built a witch farm in the swamp biome far to the north of spawn.  The output is limited due to the small area in which witches can spawn around the site of the hut, but it does fairly well. The following was from a 2-hour afk:

It's definitely a good spot to stock up on brewing ingredients.  I haven't connected it to the portal network yet, but will do so at some point.
Tech Chat / Re: 5hrs John Carmack: Doom, Q...
Last post by Mr. Analog - August 11, 2022, 12:17:47 PM
Sweet!
Last post by Lazybones - August 11, 2022, 11:57:39 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 11, 2022, 11:52:35 AMDoes he talk about Daikatana? 🤣

That was John Romero, he talks about John, when they met and about forcing John out of id.. John made Daikatana when he created Ion Storm after being forced out of id. I don't think Daikatana is mentioned just generalizations about John and  Ion Storm.

It is all super interesting, lots about their early days doing subscription software and shareware etc.
Last post by Mr. Analog - August 11, 2022, 11:52:35 AM
Does he talk about Daikatana? 🤣
Tech Chat / 5hrs John Carmack: Doom, Quake...
Last post by Lazybones - August 11, 2022, 11:28:13 AM

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3LddnZjkpflldHXnRZ0rrw?si=BRllfikuQt-JgE7U0MxGGw

This interview is 5 hours long but probably very interesting if you are Gaming nerd that also enjoys programing.
Minecraft / Re: Photo Thread
Last post by Mr. Analog - August 11, 2022, 07:22:41 AM
Neat!
Minecraft / Re: Photo Thread
Last post by LennyLen - August 11, 2022, 04:08:13 AM
It turns out I don't need a book to store the names of my homes. I was looking through the help on the modpack when I noticed it does allow you to name your home.  It just requires a nametag and 1 level of xp per home that you want to name.

Minecraft / Re: Should we create a new wor...
Last post by LennyLen - August 11, 2022, 01:31:09 AM
I've added a couple more chests to the spawn area, and organized them a bit, so that there's one chest for food and plant items, one for tools, weapons and armour, one for solid blocks, and one for miscellaneous bits and pieces.
Minecraft / Re: Flower Farm
Last post by Mr. Analog - August 10, 2022, 06:23:46 AM
Sweet! Literally 🤣