Fragapalooza 2014 (Aug 7 - 10)

Started by Mr. Analog, April 23, 2014, 01:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 22, 2014, 11:51:40 AM
You know, this is what they give us "personal days" for - to just take a day off with no notice because NEW COMPUTER

And congrats, by the way.

I honestly wish I could, on top of everything else we're prepping an emergency hotfix

FML
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I finally got the last piece in for my vm box! the supermicro board \o/ took an extra week :( but its here! and the morons at canpar decided it was a good idea to leave a $500 box on the deck.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Tom

If frag is interested in using it, I can bring it. Otherwise meh ;D

Melbosa

I believe we are good for servers for the event, but if you want it for your own use there is the server farm.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Hehe, that might not be a bad idea. but who knows how much use it'll get.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on May 22, 2014, 03:36:33 PM
Hehe, that might not be a bad idea. but who knows how much use it'll get.

If there's gladiatorial combat or FPS style stuff going on in MC people will check it out

Hell we can run contests in IRC
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Sure why not :) it'll take some setup time, but I think we can manage.

Mr. Analog

And now the downloading process begins... heh!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 22, 2014, 06:37:22 PM
Haha. I just got done with a workout on my new elliptical... and now I'll try to get the server assembled.... lotsa work to do. This Fractal Design Define XL R2 case is MASSIVE. But I wanted a bigger case to make sure there was room for the massive heatsinks and large quiet fans.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on May 22, 2014, 06:46:01 PM
Haha. I just got done with a workout on my new elliptical... and now I'll try to get the server assembled.... lotsa work to do. This Fractal Design Define XL R2 case is MASSIVE. But I wanted a bigger case to make sure there was room for the massive heatsinks and large quiet fans.

Nice, I just came back from doing other stuff to find that power saving had turned my machine off 30 minutes into downloading

argh!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 22, 2014, 08:06:24 PM
Quote from: Tom on May 22, 2014, 06:46:01 PM

Nice, I just came back from doing other stuff to find that power saving had turned my machine off 30 minutes into downloading

argh!
:(

Mr. Analog

I changed my power settings and let it run all night BUT Windows Update restarted the machine (augh)

Anyway, one game loaded this morning that owned my old machine, I set it to the "Ultra" settings and my lowest FPS on the benchmark was 44.... It really is like a whole new game!

Also I didn't notice how jittery even Minecraft was before HOLY COW!
By Grabthar's Hammer