UPS... How Honest You Are!

Started by Melbosa, November 12, 2014, 03:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Sometimes I think UPS may be too honest.  This activity layout for a package I am waiting for tells me...

Location   Date   Local TimeActivityMy Thoughts or Conversations
Edmonton, AB, Canada11/11/201412:53 P.M.Arrival Scan<-- Yay its here in the City!
Edmonton, AB, Canada11/11/20141:47 P.M.Destination Scan<-- And they know where to send it!!!!
Edmonton, AB, Canada11/11/20144:34 P.M.We've left the package in our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay.<-- Driver is too lazy to head back on November 11, 2014 to get the package, which I can understand, holiday and all...
Edmonton, AB, Canada11/11/20145:00 P.M.Destination Scan<-- Yay again - they still know where to send it!!!!! Should be any time tomorrow!
Edmonton, AB, Canada11/12/201412:02 P.M.We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay.<-- Best IceCube impression - What the F***?!??!? Two scans an you still couldn't figure out where to send it? Guessing wrong truck.  Can I pick up instead?  "No sorry sir we aren't done processing"; HUH!?!!?! you've scanned it twice now, and know you had the wrong location, your processing what now? "Sorry sir, just have to be patient"  GRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Yeh, UPS managed to fold time and space with my latest thing.

It's been a nightmare, it was sent from my company as a gift without being notified, got held up in customs, I had to sign to have it released (Power of Attorney!), I told them the company would pay the brokerage fee, they got confused because some Joker had somehow set it up that their residence in St. Albert was the company head office so the information I gave UPS didn't jive. They called me back angrily demanding information I'm not privy to and so I had HR call them back and sort it out. I was out sick the one time they rang my doorbell, when I checked the next day the slip had the pickup location sticker on it, I went to the pickup location on Saturday, the package wasn't there, when we scanned the QR code it said the package was still on the truck, so the person at the inconvenience store told me that they make make another delivery attempt on Monday, which they did, to the convenience store and the person working there hadn't opened yet at which case there was a new notification for out for delivery on Nov 11th but the dates and times are all really suspect (3 AM delivery attempt!?).

Anyway, the last update was to pick it up at the same convenience store it was supposed to be at on Friday, but now I have one of my co-workers telling me it was delivered to the office

TO SAY I'M CONFUSED WOULD BE A MASSIVE UNDERSTATEMENT
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

It's a wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey kind of thing. Kinda like a rug.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Nah. Thats the local head office delaying because they are too cheap to hire more drivers. They'll outright lie on the tracking to cover their asses.

I did complain a bunch and they started being a little less obvious about it. I've had it say "On truck for delivery" when it never made it onto the truck, or "Customer was not home" before the truck was even loaded (like 6am or some bull@%&#). No joke.

They started doing this last christmas, and its gotten a bit better, but now I prefer fedex or express-post/puro for in canada deliveries.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

They did drive to my house three times and update the notice, the main problem I have is that the tracking information makes zero sense when I scan the QR code

Anyway, it's in the office today, I can't leave because of this water damage to find out what it is
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, I see it sitting here in the office.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

From what I understand it's some form of box
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

It is.  And inside it is another box.  And inside that is...  Well, that's the secret part I'm not supposed to tell you about.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

At last! The map to Cortez's lost treasure!

The Coca-Cola formula?

All 11 secret herbs and spices?

Marcellus Wallace's soul?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on November 13, 2014, 10:49:49 AM
It is.  And inside it is another box.  And inside that is...  Well, that's the secret part I'm not supposed to tell you about.

Did Mr. A win 1,000,000 BOX???
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

So I finally got the package... but no notice.  Just Delivered status at 5:00 PM showed up online...
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I hate that worse than anything

Finding the slip on the door and still no tracking info updates
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tom on November 12, 2014, 07:24:36 PM
Nah. Thats the local head office delaying because they are too cheap to hire more drivers. They'll outright lie on the tracking to cover their asses.

I did complain a bunch and they started being a little less obvious about it. I've had it say "On truck for delivery" when it never made it onto the truck, or "Customer was not home" before the truck was even loaded (like 6am or some bull@%&#). No joke.

They started doing this last christmas, and its gotten a bit better, but now I prefer fedex or express-post/puro for in canada deliveries.

I had a challenge with UPS last month, ordered from Amazon, never had a problem in the past. Address includes "APT 401" and the complete street address which is written on the building.

I get a phone call the day they tried to deliver, "incomplete address" because apparently since it is an apartment it REQUIRES A BUZZER NUMBER.

Physically walk up to the door of my apartment building. The buzzers are all numbered in order (101, 102 ... 401, 402...) I mean ARE YOU SERIOUS?

So I call and ask about just picking it up at the depot way in the east end of town. NOPE, since that day was an attempted delivery day, can't even try getting it from the depot until THE NEXT DAY.

...I've updated my Amazon address to say "APT 401F BUZZER 401F" just be sure never happens again.

Morans.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

FedEx does that, it's like the can't match my name to... my name on the buzzer list
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 14, 2014, 02:34:39 PM
FedEx does that, it's like the can't match my name to... my name on the buzzer list

Yeah but in YOUR case, number "4567" is the secret code for unit #123 ... in my case, there's a one-to-one match of buzzer# and apt#. Seriously how can someone get confused by THAT ... and still have a driver's license. lol

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer