Skirmish! Virtual Tabletop Kickstarter Launch

Started by theSim, October 22, 2015, 05:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theSim

Hi guys,

I didn't know where else to post this and DnD looked like a good spot for RPG related things, so if this is the wrong section I apologize in advance. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that our homegrown virtual tabletop Skirmish! VT has launched on kickstarter 2 days ago.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1569088261/skirmish-vt-virtual-tabletop

We'd love to invite you to check it out.

Cheers!

Chris

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Darren's comment aside, I like the look of this, though I'm a little disappointed that fog of warn isn't an out of the box feature.

It is one of the stretch goals though (as is line of sight / cone of vision)

Thanks for sharing Chris!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Actually I am REALLY saying it looks freakin' cool -- and the cool voiceover in the cool trailer didn't hurt. It made it more cool than it already was destined to be.

But I don't RPG so I didn't look in detail at all the features lower down the page, so I can't comment beyond the trailer. sry...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

this should be moved to the Game Chat or D20 Games forum, I think.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

theSim

Thank you guys for your feedback!  :D

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 22, 2015, 08:56:11 AM
Darren's comment aside, I like the look of this, though I'm a little disappointed that fog of warn isn't an out of the box feature.

It is one of the stretch goals though (as is line of sight / cone of vision)

Thanks for sharing Chris!

I see your point. :> I would have liked to place it on the main goal as well but we had to place it at the second goal because, frankly, a properly working automatic fog of war is not that easy to code. And the cost would actually be a lot higher if we calculated the past years' work into the goals (which we didn't). Compared to similar projects on kickstarter (which charged 10k alone for their fog of war for example) we're even adding a lot of stuff on top of that.
Furthermore our fog of war is not just some make shift solution. It is a real fog of war that works just like in any MOBA or RTS including map exploration, customizable field of vision, etc.

Anyway, thanks again for your feedback. Much appreciated :>

Mr. Analog

I really like the sound of that, I've used a couple virtual tabletops in the past and the fog of war is generally ugly and/or hard to use as the DM.

I think this is something that I'd like to back, I hope you reach your first stretch goal.

Good luck!
By Grabthar's Hammer

theSim

Hi again,

We just revised and updated our kickstarter campaign. Apart from some minor changes we actually went about and merged the first 2 stretch goals. To find out more about the updates just check out the goal section at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1569088261/skirmish-vt-virtual-tabletop

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Just an update on this, the Kickstarter wasn't successful, but it was a lot of fun to see develop.

Hopefully they make another attempt in the future
By Grabthar's Hammer