Main Menu

ARK

Started by Lazybones, May 01, 2016, 06:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on May 16, 2016, 05:17:27 PM
I'm just glad that I can be more productive now that I have some actual direction.  Not going after dangerous mounts like you guys yet, but at least I can do some stuff!

While Mags goes after dangerous stuff solo, we teamed up to take down that bronto and also the bear I am using. Many narco arrows makes fast work.

As for the bear fail, I think I stated the wrong things to begin with, needed passive not neutral set on our pets. Should have also clarified to run like hell once you argo the bear if it charges you.

Also most of what I know about the game I have been learning from Lets Play videos and google as well as chatting with Mags.

Lazybones

ARK is currently 33% off on the steam store right now.

Melbosa

I think we should pull the server and every time someone dies you should autopost who and how here on the forums... I'd get a kick out of that!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on May 18, 2016, 09:01:10 AM
I think we should pull the server and every time someone dies you should autopost who and how here on the forums... I'd get a kick out of that!

This might require more research.

Mags

Hey guys, just a reminder, check those food bins before logging off. Logged in tonight and there was no meat and the carnivores reserves were dropping pretty fast.
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Lazybones

Probably doesn't help that we have more carno's now. I wasn't on at all last night .

I wonder if there is a difference between consumption on trib owned animals and individual owned if the owner is offline.

Lazybones

While I knew Ark was still under development I didn't know SO MUCH was actually in the planned road-map

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_Features

Lazybones

Spoilage

Just a quick reminder that spoilage works in real time on the server even when we are logged out.
Here is a handy table of the times http://ark.gamepedia.com/Spoilage

Stacks spoil one item at a time at the same time for each stack.

Carno dino's will eat cooked meat, and if they are already tamed it doesn't matter if they don't like it as much.

Raw Meat:
Player - 10m
Feeding Trough - 40m

Cooked Meat:
Player - 20m
Feeding Trough - 1h 20m

Meat stacks only 20 items deep, so regardless of the number of stacks you put in the max time is x20.
Using base times.
Raw meat in Feeding Trough: 40m x 20 = 800min or about 13hrs
Cooked Meat Feeding Trough: 80m X 20 = 1600min or about 26 hrs

I have changed the global spoilage setting on our server to 3x now.

That should mean that you find some meat lasting between real time days now.

There will be less spoiled meat for nacro but as you can see there should still be plenty.

I am going to recommend we start cooking meat before putting it out in the Feeding Trough.

Edit: Cooked meat can also be stacked in to stacks of 30 which will also extend its decay time.

Lazybones

http://www.inquisitr.com/3141507/ark-survival-evolved-biome-update-delayed-e3-reveal-and-the-center-updates-planned/

Looks like the big 242 biome patch is delayed but a small patch is expected today that will put up marker walls to outline the areas that will change

Interesting note on the redwood Forrest is that the trees will be too big to harvest. Sounds interesting.

Lazybones

Mags and I were taking about falling off flying mounts last night and sure enough I did and died.

Hind sight being 20/20 the game does have parachutes and we have some stored from drops already.

I think I am equipping one the next time I go flying.

Mr. Analog

I want to do a beginners guide type series of videos on ARK starting later in June

Would anybody be interested in helping me with this project? I'd finally log into the server and basically just need a guide to kind of show me the ropes and show off the cool stuff you guys have already created.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 30, 2016, 11:19:02 AM
I want to do a beginners guide type series of videos on ARK starting later in June

Would anybody be interested in helping me with this project? I'd finally log into the server and basically just need a guide to kind of show me the ropes and show off the cool stuff you guys have already created.
Mags is on all the time and I know we have stock pilled some of the low level stuffs for you so you can get into the swing of things pretty quick.  But yeah I think we can all help you out!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on May 30, 2016, 11:24:49 AM

Mags is on all the time and I know we have stock pilled some of the low level stuffs for you so you can get into the swing of things pretty quick.  But yeah I think we can all help you out!

K, well I ask because whoever helps out will appear in videos on YouTube / livestreams
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mags

There to help buddy
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Mr. Analog

Thanks my dude

Is in-game voice decent or should we be using TeamSpeak?
By Grabthar's Hammer