Resin Printing Minis

Started by Melbosa, May 01, 2019, 01:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So, the Library at NAIT has agreed to order in Flexible Resin for their Form 2 printers, and with the minis already modeled by The DM Workshop on Shapeways for every D&D Monster in the Monster Manual, I'm going to try my hand at some Resin prints.  Why Flexible?  Well I ordered regular Resin prints from HeroForge for my D&D group and we've already had mini's axes and such break.  If this Flex Resin turns out like the pre-fabs from Wizards for strength and flexibility, then I will order the STLs from HeroForge and reprint for my D&D group.

Only sucky thing is the Flexible Resin for the Form 2s from FormLabs comes in mat black (so a bit of grey look to it).  For features this might be hard to see on a resin and I may need to at least airbrush/prime them a different colour after they have cured.  But it is what it is.  It will definitely be cheaper than buying them pre-fab and I can print exactly what I want/need for my campaigns!

And if this pans out, I'm going to order some miniature case foam and a case from PirateLab to store them in. :D
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Very cool

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer