Merry Christmas [emoji319][emoji301]

Started by Mr. Analog, December 25, 2021, 07:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Hope everyone is having a great holiday this season.

Wishing you the best!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Ditto Mr A!

Thanks for the gift :D If there's something you've been wanting put it on your wish list :D otherwise I have to do actual work and trawl through the "super awesome" steam interface :D lol (which I just ended up doing anyhow, soooo... well if theres something different you'd like let me know!)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on December 25, 2021, 08:55:31 AMDitto Mr A!

Thanks for the gift :D If there's something you've been wanting put it on your wish list :D otherwise I have to do actual work and trawl through the "super awesome" steam interface :D lol (which I just ended up doing anyhow, soooo... well if theres something different you'd like let me know!)
You're welcome! Merry Christmas!!

I'll put something on my list this week once I think of it [emoji1787]

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 25, 2021, 09:11:49 AM

Well, give your steam a check when you have time. I found something you might enjoy based on your recent play history :D

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on December 25, 2021, 09:14:33 AM

Well, give your steam a check when you have time. I found something you might enjoy based on your recent play history :D
Duuuuude I literally just saw! Thank you so much

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 25, 2021, 09:16:01 AM
Quote from: Tom on December 25, 2021, 09:14:33 AM

Duuuuude I literally just saw! Thank you so much

Funny thing is, I sat down to check stuff for peeps before I saw I had a gift waiting :D then I saw there was nothing in your wish list I could actually give you... So first I checked here, and made that reply then decided I didn't /need/ to be quite so lazy and found something you'd probably like. I guess you do :D

You're welcome!

I'm going to enjoy Timberborn I'm sure. I've been watching someone do a lets play and I get a kick out of it. Ausie that makes endless beaver puns. My kind of fellow. I also like the game/gameplay. Its a neat idea. Initially looked like it might just be a wierd gimick but they've put some thought into it and keep adding stuff and tweaking things to make it more interesting. Beavers with tech? Sign me up :D

Mr. Analog

Hahaha that sounds awesome!

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Thorin

Merry Christmas!  We've got covid in the house, but it's a mild case, but still, we ended up staying home instead of visiting parents/grandparents.  There's also three other cases in the extended family, we're hoping everyone recovers fine.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 25, 2021, 07:32:16 PMMerry Christmas!  We've got covid in the house, but it's a mild case, but still, we ended up staying home instead of visiting parents/grandparents.  There's also three other cases in the extended family, we're hoping everyone recovers fine.
oof. We saw a post on the feeb. We were wondering how everything was.

Also was anyone then potentially exposed before our hangout?

Also I'm wondering, I've gotten things for d, b, and r, but I don't have a great way to get you something.

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on December 25, 2021, 11:06:58 PMoof. We saw a post on the feeb. We were wondering how everything was.

Yeah, mild symptoms (a cough).  We have a second positive case, with nothing but a bit of sore throat (this one boosted shortly before exposure).

We're 99% sure the exposure was on the 17th in Vancouver at a bar that ended up having a bunch of other customers test positive a few days after attending (the bar was following all BC rules as far as I heard, sounds like it was set up the same way as the BPs we went to last time, and the kids know about the other patrons because they're friends with one of the servers).  The kids came back from VanCity on the 21st and the first tested positive on the 23rd, six days after the bar exposure (four days after first symptoms).

Since we got together on the 16th, I'm confident I was not carrying SARS-CoV-2 in me so no exposure hazard to you.

Our whole house is avoiding hanging out with anyone for a couple of weeks, even though officially non-positive people aren't required to quarantine anymore, and we're watching for symptoms in all of us and rapid-testing before we go out anywhere.

Quote from: Tom on December 25, 2021, 11:06:58 PMAlso I'm wondering, I've gotten things for d, b, and r, but I don't have a great way to get you something.

You don't need to get me anything, but thanks for thinking of me.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 26, 2021, 03:08:18 PM
Quote from: Tom on December 25, 2021, 11:06:58 PMoof. We saw a post on the feeb. We were wondering how everything was.

Yeah, mild symptoms (a cough).  We have a second positive case, with nothing but a bit of sore throat (this one boosted shortly before exposure).

We're 99% sure the exposure was on the 17th in Vancouver at a bar that ended up having a bunch of other customers test positive a few days after attending (the bar was following all BC rules as far as I heard, sounds like it was set up the same way as the BPs we went to last time, and the kids know about the other patrons because they're friends with one of the servers).  The kids came back from VanCity on the 21st and the first tested positive on the 23rd, six days after the bar exposure (four days after first symptoms).

Since we got together on the 16th, I'm confident I was not carrying SARS-CoV-2 in me so no exposure hazard to you.
I can't say I wasn't worried for myself, but I was more concerned about everyone else that was there. Including you.

Quote from: Thorin on December 26, 2021, 03:08:18 PMOur whole house is avoiding hanging out with anyone for a couple of weeks, even though officially non-positive people aren't required to quarantine anymore, and we're watching for symptoms in all of us and rapid-testing before we go out anywhere.

Quote from: Tom on December 25, 2021, 11:06:58 PMAlso I'm wondering, I've gotten things for d, b, and r, but I don't have a great way to get you something.

You don't need to get me anything, but thanks for thinking of me.
You're right. I don't need to, but I want to.