New Headphones, Sony WH-1000XM3s

Started by Tom, February 21, 2020, 10:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

My old audio technica "drop specials" lost one ear a while back, and my gamer sennheiser's are uncomfortable in many ways, AND sometimes I need some quiet.

So I got these Sony WH-1000X M3's after doing a fair amount of reasearch the past several months. It was between these and the Bose QuietComfort 35 Series 2s. I actually had a chance to try on the Bose while christmas shopping, SO comfortable.

These Sony's are probably the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned, and have pretty good active noise canceling. Though their built in "headset" mode has probably the crappiest audio quality ever. Sounds like a $10 bluetooth headset from 10 years ago. In normal mode, they sound EXCELLENT, even when using them wirelessly over bluetooth.

Can so far highly reccomend them. Not cheap, but not some stupid expensive pair of AudioPhile crap.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

I ended up with the QCs as preferred the physical buttons to touch control but the Sony ones are great, probably better in a few ways such as charge time / using USB C.

Over all I am just happy using noise canceling headphones, they really cut down distraction.

Tom

Only thing thats really bugged me so far is the touch controls, they often trigger when they get brushed.. Kindof annoying.

It's taken me a while to get used to the "pressure" feeling I get from the noise canceling. but it's a bit less noticible now after a few days.

I've had a big RabbitAir air filter beside me for ages now and I can't hear it much at all with the NC on. But I can still hear the kiddo when he's being a bit loud. So at least I won't miss times he's hurt himself or anything, but still not get too distracted.

Mr. Analog

Just don't leave your wife locked out again lol [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 21, 2020, 02:00:28 PMJust don't leave your wife locked out again lol [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Haha.

We were both home, and she went outside to do something briefly. Not entirely sure what. But the screen door was locked, and somehow I think the inside door was too? But I had no idea about any of this and X seemed to be having fun with her so I assumed she was playing with X. Turns out no. lol.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on February 23, 2020, 07:53:26 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 21, 2020, 02:00:28 PMJust don't leave your wife locked out again lol [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Haha.

We were both home, and she went outside to do something briefly. Not entirely sure what. But the screen door was locked, and somehow I think the inside door was too? But I had no idea about any of this and X seemed to be having fun with her so I assumed she was playing with X. Turns out no. lol.
LOL

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer