The dark side of the force

Started by Lazybones, March 16, 2005, 12:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://swg.warcry.com/scripts/columns/view...l?site=13&id=25

Hmm maybe live events like this or for a larger number of players would have kept the numbers up.

Then again, who wants to go back to the insta-mission grind machine.

Mr. Analog

Wow! Star Wars MMO is still running, even though there is a virtual plethora of other great MMORPGs to play!? Boggles the mind, yeeeeees.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I think MMOs need to have the live teams go around as Enemy NPC and stir things up. I think it would make the game worlds feel more alive.

Its one thing to spawn a bunch of special mobs and have them attack a town once a month, its another to have a human controlled mob running loose at odd times of day.

From the look of it this event happened at a guilds base.. Hence a limited number of people got to experience it.

Wouldn't it have been cool if an imperial ship happened to dock and land for a surprise raid in a city?

Or a rebel task force suddenly came in to take a town?

I think MMOS have a long way to go.. More innovation is needed.

Melbosa

Quote from: "Lazybones"I think MMOs need to have the live teams go around as Enemy NPC and stir things up. I think it would make the game worlds feel more alive.

Its one thing to spawn a bunch of special mobs and have them attack a town once a month, its another to have a human controlled mob running loose at odd times of day.

From the look of it this event happened at a guilds base.. Hence a limited number of people got to experience it.

Wouldn't it have been cool if an imperial ship happened to dock and land for a surprise raid in a city?

Or a rebel task force suddenly came in to take a town?

I think MMOS have a long way to go.. More innovation is needed.
I know EQ was like that... live events with Mobs run by actual people.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!