Xbox360 & EBGames (Gamestop?)

Started by Shayne, October 24, 2005, 08:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

This weekend I was in EBGames putting down a few bucks of preorder cash on a couple Xbox360 accessories so that when November 22 comes i dont have to run around the store hoping to get what i need (took me 3 weeks after the Xbox launch to find a DVD remote).

While im in there, Gord (went to college with Alyson) was telling me of this whicked trade in deal they have going for Xbox.   As long as your putting the credit towards a 360; they will give you $10 for every Xbox game valued between $1-8, and $20 for games valued $9-20.

I thought that was a heck of a deal and dropped off 17 of my games and managed to get $230 towards my 360.

So then i asked if they were gonna be having a midnight madness thing on the 21st, and he said nope, but told me...

"The first 20 people who preordered at each location will be sent a "ticket" in the mail.  This ticket allows you to enter the store a full hour before anybody."

So basically from 9:00 - 10:00 thier will be a max of 20 people in there.  He also told me that they plan to have all their "gaming stations" running the 360 with various games so that we can try before buying.

Nifty.

Doesnt much matter, im all preordered.

$499.99 - Xbox360

$59.99 - Wireless Controller

$19.99 - Play & Charge (comes with a battery pack)

$14.99 - Battery Pack

$59.99 - Project Gotham 3

-------

$700.80 - Total (after GST)

..its a good thing i have $290 towards it already :(