Injectable Contraceptive and Bone Loss

Started by Ustauk, December 19, 2005, 11:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

I remember one of you guys saying your significant other was on an injectable contraceptive.  I can't remember which one though, so I thought I'd post this to the general forum.  Apparently, there's going to be a class action law suit over the contraceptive Depo-Povara causing early on set osteoporosis (bone loss).  Pfizer is denying this, but if your other is taking this drug, she may want to get her bone density checked.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051219/depo_provera_051219/20051219?hub=TopStories

Shayne

We know of this and about 18 months ago Alyson was told to take calcium supplements.  Though being a part of a $700M payoff would be sweet (to bad its only like $1,167 per person).

Thorin

Does this qualify for the weirdest thing to be posted on the Righteous Wrath forums?  Or are there other, weirder posts?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Not saying it's not interesting, just saying it's weird that videogaming men are discussing injected contraceptives for females...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Ustauk

Quote from: "Thorin"Not saying it's not interesting, just saying it's weird that videogaming men are discussing injected contraceptives for females...

Just saw the report on the news the other day.  I can't remember how the topic came up with Shayne; I think it came up when I asked if he was ever planning to have kids, but I could be wrong.

Shayne

It would be tough for me to have kids as my uterus is sorta missing :P  Im not sure how the conversation came up, but none the less, the PSA was nice and thoughtfull.

Ustauk

Quote from: "Shayne"It would be tough for me to have kids as my uterus is sorta missing :P  Im not sure how the conversation came up, but none the less, the PSA was nice and thoughtfull.

Next time I'll know to add "...with his significant other" :)

Shayne

Mr. Analog

Am I the only one who saw "contraceptive" and "bone loss" together in one sentince and laughed?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Am I the only one who saw "contraceptive" and "bone loss" together in one sentince and laughed?

Y'know, I didn't even notice the double entendre until you mentioned it :P

I guess losing your bone(r) would be a fine contraceptive as well.  Unless you're with a virgin and her name is Mary, in which case you *will* be taking care of a kid in the next few months...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Darren Dirt

[insert boner-related Superdickery.com link here]

The real question is, does a thread discussing religion degrade to an attack on Christianity faster than a thread discussing con[tra]ception degrades to penis jokes? :o :P

Strive for progress. Not perfection.