Main Menu

Compy Woes

Started by Mr. Analog, February 22, 2006, 10:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Yep, I didn't work on it last night, might not get a chance until Sunday but I'll post an update here later.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Adams

I am happy to give ya it... rather the wife is happy for me to get rid of it :D

I have a few extra odds and ends around.
"Life is make up of 2 types of people...
50% of People who do want to do things
50% of people who do not want to do things
The rest are all forced to do things."

Thorin

And I'll be happy if you give it to him, because the computer he's patching together out of old parts is going to me :D  It'll be nice to have something faster than a P4 1.3GHz with that interminably expensive RDRAM.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Thought I would post this offer up...

I am always looking for any Comp Parts anyone wants to get rid of.  I use them for building workstations or ad-hoc servers for development and repairs.  This server that houses RW is infact a donated CPU from Drunkener at one point, so I have use for all your unwanted PC stuff.

So any time any of you have stuff you wish to get rid of, and don't already have someone who needs it (like what Adam and Mr. A. are talking about here) feel free to contact me for a pick-up :D.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

Even if it's a Pentium 166Mhz (no MMX, mind you)?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Ustauk

Damn, I saw an eMachine 400 mhz on the giveaway shelf in my buildings waste room the other day.  I was tempted, but I really didn't need it, and it was gone the next day.  To echo Thorin, would that have been a too low end machine for you to take?

Melbosa

I take it all... pass it all along.  I have been known to take 486s as well.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Ok, I found the problem, but I either fried the board or the vid card I have here to test it is kaput, anyone got a spare vid card?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Ok, for some reason I had a DOA GeForce4 lying around my house, anybody lend me a GeForce4?

Good news! I found it!

Bad news! DEAD.
By Grabthar's Hammer