Where are Wii

Started by Lazybones, November 20, 2006, 08:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Unfortunatly I didnt have access to the internet the last couple days (in Cold Lake) but the Cold Lake Wal-Mart had about 20 nunchucks and 10 Wiimotes.  Perhaps Wal-Marts got a recent shipment?

TheDruid

Quote from: Thorin on December 14, 2006, 02:35:33 PM
Quote from: Shayne on December 14, 2006, 08:54:32 AM
How did you come by that information?

It's in the TRU flyer that we received a day early :P  Zellers apparently also stocks the Wii now.  Sorta weird, I'd never think to go to Zellers for a game console...

Zellers is where i bought the original N64 back in the day. When i was a teenager in Cold Lake all we had was Zellers, and i picked one up 3 days befor the launch date... and bought all two games that were available on the console at the time :P
I only drink the blood of my enemies, and on occasion a strawberry smoothie.

Tonnica

Wii R posting from the Wii! Any console that lets you play Mario & surf TEH INTERWEBS has to be good!

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

Quote from: Tonnica on December 24, 2006, 01:04:55 AM
Wii R posting from the Wii! Any console that lets you play Mario & surf TEH INTERWEBS has to be good!

(responding from the Wii) I concur!  Now just to figure out how to adjust the sensitivity on the Wii Remote...

When typing, a list of possible words appears; I use it for about a quarter of the words I type (it's only useful for words that are four letters or longer, I find).

Also, isn't there supposed to be a way of zooming into parts of a page?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Found the zoom!  It's the + and - buttons.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on December 26, 2006, 09:05:29 PM
Found the zoom!  It's the + and - buttons.

The number 2 button will enforce single column browsing and super large fonts.. Takes a second for it to change the rendering.

There are already wii browsing sites showing up

http://www.wiicade.com/
http://warppipe.com/

Thorin

Any way to keep make text entry into password fields not be displayed?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on December 27, 2006, 09:17:36 PM
Any way to keep make text entry into password fields not be displayed?

Not that I have found.. That bugs me as well..

Also the parent control on the internet doesn't seem to work right with the Trial version.

Thorin

Melbosa, you were looking for a Wii for your friend, right?  CowGirl found one at Walmart in St. Albert and bought it and a second Wii Remote and Nunchuk.  Let your friend know!  I'll let you know what the total is so your friend can give you the cash or a cheque to bring along to D20 Modern next Friday.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Price is looking to be in the $360 to $370 range including the extra Wii Remote and Nunchuk.  CowGirl or I will post the exact price sometime this evening when we're looking at the receipt.

Disclaimer: I hate how people pre-ordered multiple PS3s to sell at a profit.  CowGirl and I will buy Wiis for people and pass them on for what we paid; we are not in this to make money but to spread the love for Wii (which will lead to more and more games, it is hoped).  Don't tack a "finders fee" to the price you pass on to your friend.
I don't know if you were thinking about it or not, I'm just making sure my position is known ahead of time.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

By the way, the St. Albert Walmart got a shipment of 81 Wiis that went on sale at 8am.  11 of those 81 were sold by 11:30am.  That's three Wiis sold per hour during the day when people who would buy video game consoles are typically at school or at work.  The salesman said they'd be sold out by the end of the day.

Go Team Nintendo!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

CowGirl

Total comes to 362.28!
i aM A NoBoDy, NoBoDy iS PeRfEcT, tHeReFoRe, I'M PeRfEcT!

Melbosa

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll have your money for you no problem.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

Quote from: CowGirl on October 12, 2007, 01:23:54 PM
Total comes to 362.28!

Apparently the Wiis were on sale for $269.83, $20 less than what they were at launch.  Yay Walmart!  Strangely enough, the Wii Remote and Nunchuk were $45.97 and $25.97, each $1 more than they were at launch :think:
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful