Poker 2006-12-08

Started by Ustauk, November 30, 2006, 03:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

Unfortunatley, Handsome Devil did not get enough takers for poker this week.  I"m hoping to have better luck next Friday, December 8.  My cousin and his brother in law (both with limited poker experience, though my cousin played other card games and plays the stock market) are coming into town and would like to have a game, since their siginficant others are attending another function in town.  Handsome Devil has indicated he'd like to attend, so that'd give us at least four.  Is anybody else free that evening?

Thorin

Quote from: Ustauk on November 30, 2006, 03:43:32 PM
my cousin [...] plays the stork market

Umm...  So does that mean he has a lot of kids? :P
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Ustauk

Quote from: Thorin on November 30, 2006, 04:02:34 PM
Quote from: Ustauk on November 30, 2006, 03:43:32 PM
my cousin [...] plays the stork market

Umm...  So does that mean he has a lot of kids? :P
Doh! I meant the stock market.

Darren Dirt

I thought the stork market is where ya take your stork to sell to storkaphiles ::)

I'm in for next Friday nite.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

HandsomeDevil

As mentioned up-thread, I'm down.

Ustauk

I'm thinking a 7:00 PM start, but you're welcome to show up any time after 5:30 or so.

Darren Dirt

I was about to call your all-in bluff, but it turns out that after calculating the pot-odds of me having the kids on Friday night (not Saturday morning as I first thought I had been dealt) I realized that I am not pot-committed, so I gotta do a strategic fold. Sorry, please enjoy responsibility without me. :(

Ustauk

Quote from: Darren Dirt on December 01, 2006, 04:43:34 PM
I was about to call your all-in bluff, but it turns out that after calculating the pot-odds of me having the kids on Friday night (not Saturday morning as I first thought I had been dealt) I realized that I am not pot-committed, so I gotta do a strategic fold. Sorry, please enjoy responsibility without me. :(

Damn, let me know if things work out differently with the kids.  Anyone else available that weekend?

Darren Dirt

Is at your house, Ustauk? Cuz I'll ask my brother if he's interesting in joining you guys without me... Just promise you'll go easy on him, as he doesn't exactly get a lot of practice in between our home games ;D

Darren Dirt

bump. sorry, just double-checking the above ^

Ustauk

Quote from: Darren Dirt on December 04, 2006, 09:11:34 AM
Is at your house, Ustauk? Cuz I'll ask my brother if he's interesting in joining you guys without me... Just promise you'll go easy on him, as he doesn't exactly get a lot of practice in between our home games ;D

He can come, but I already have six people (two more people from Kung Fu are coming besides HandsomeDevil), and I can't provide transportation, as I've got to be there to let everyone in.

Ustauk

My thanks to HandsomeDevil for making it out.  He came in third, while I came in fourth much earlier after going all in on a weak hand (a pair of tens witha  weak kicker, doh!, what was I thinking? :) )  I made it back to that point after almost busting out earlier in the game, so I don't feel so bad.  HandsomeDevil ended up having some great three-handed action against my other two friends with Kung Fu over a large number of rounds.  The winner ended up beating her boyfriend head-up.  He used to be a poker dealer, while she had last played against people about a year ago, and had only been playing online for a week in prep for the game.  My cousin the stock trader ended up busting out first.  You never know who'll win tell the end with poker.  It was a fun game.  Hopefully we can run another one sometime in the new year.