Stainless Steel Playing Cards

Started by Lazybones, December 07, 2006, 10:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/toys-games/games-gambling/stainless-steel-cards/index.html
QuoteBeautifully etched in stainless steel, this outrageous set of Stainless Steel playing cards are the jet set of card play. They come on a large steel sheet that looks so good you'll probably just want to mount them on the wall as a cool 'objet d'art', but if you want to actually play with them, just press them out of the sheet and you'll have possibly the most exclusive and beautiful deck of playing cards on the planet.

I would say these would be hard to shuffle, but I don't think you would have many bent cards.

Darren Dirt

Meh.

But nice domain name and slogan:
iWantOneOfThose.com -- "Stuff you don't need... but your really, really want" ;D

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

HandsomeDevil

Quote from: Lazybones on December 07, 2006, 10:23:01 PM

I would say these would be hard to shuffle, but I don't think you would have many bent cards.

I don't know. At 0.02cm thick I could see the corners getting kinked when you checked your hole cards. I'll stick to my Kems.

They do look really cool though.

Ustauk

They look cool.  I hope they have a dull edge, they could probably be quite nasty otherwise.

Thorin

But could you whip them at an enemy and cut their head off with it?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on December 08, 2006, 10:59:36 AM

yay! Gambit!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: HandsomeDevil on December 08, 2006, 09:18:31 AM
I don't know. At 0.02cm thick I could see the corners getting kinked when you checked your hole cards. I'll stick to my Kems.

fyi: Wiki: Kem

Quote from: Thorin on December 08, 2006, 10:59:36 AM

...or at least fresh fruit, like Chris Ferguson does with normal cards?

("On television some interesting factlets about him have been revealed, including his presidency of a swing dancing club at UCLA as well as his ability to throw playing cards fast enough to cut through bananas, pickles, carrots, watermelons, and even melons.")

HandsomeDevil

Ooh... there was a good episode of Mythbusters where they built an apparatus like a pitching machine which threw cards at 150mph to see if you could kill a man with a card. I think the best they did was sinking it half an inch into ballistics gel. I'm pretty sure it'd be a different story with those steel cards. 

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt on December 08, 2006, 11:31:51 AM
Quote from: HandsomeDevil on December 08, 2006, 09:18:31 AM

fyi: Wiki: Kem

KEM Playing Cards (100% Cellulose Acetate Plastic Playing Cards)
"100 % Plastic Kem Cards are widely regarded as the world's finest playing card. Kem cards are made entirely of cellulose acetate material, the most durable plastic used today in playing card production. These cards are scuff and break resistant and completely washable."

Sweet. 8)

HandsomeDevil

Quote from: Darren Dirt on December 08, 2006, 01:51:30 PM

KEM Playing Cards (100% Cellulose Acetate Plastic Playing Cards)
"100 % Plastic Kem Cards are widely regarded as the world's finest playing card. Kem cards are made entirely of cellulose acetate material, the most durable plastic used today in playing card production. These cards are scuff and break resistant and completely washable."

Sweet. 8)

Yes, they rule. A bit pricy. I think I paid around $20 for two decks at The Gambler's General Store (which is degenerate heaven, by the way), but worth every penny. If you play once a month or more, a couple decks of Kem's or Copag's is a must.