Asid Tech Wii Charge Station

Started by CowGirl, February 28, 2007, 03:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CowGirl

i aM A NoBoDy, NoBoDy iS PeRfEcT, tHeReFoRe, I'M PeRfEcT!

Lazybones

Hmm I have been waiting for these rechargeable packs to come out..

Just of note you also need to get the battery packs, however they come in a two pack
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10085197&catid=24356

So $60 to outfit two Wiimotes and have a nice charging stand.

Lazybones

WARNING

I was in FS and BB and looked at the Charge station. It comes with 1 battery pack and can only CHARGE 1 pack at a time.. the stand up slots are just to hold Wii motes.

I didn't see the battery packed 2 pack, but it seems like it would be a much better deal if it comes with 2 and can charge directly via USB for both.

Tonnica

Thanks for the posts on the charging station. I've been looking into getting one but knowing only one can be charged at once makes me want to avoid it. I think I'll wait until either another peripheral comes out or find an alternative solution to charging batteries for my Wiimotes.

Lazybones

Northside Bestbuy just got in the battery pack 2 pack so I picked one up for $30, comes with two white usb cables for charging.

Going to let them charge over night, but first impressions are mixed.
Good
- The pack seems to make good contact with the terminals in the wiimote
- The unit also seems to clip in snuggly

Bad
- Not a perfect color match
- Not exactly matched to the back plate, there is a bit of a gap left leaving an unsmooth transition