"Summer movie predictions"

Started by Darren Dirt, May 03, 2007, 11:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

This IMDB thread caught me by surprise.

by FrostyHornyPie   6 days ago (Fri Apr 27 2007 10:38:10 )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, hey, here's how I think it'll go...
1..Spider-Man 3..$420 mil
2..Shrek The Third..$410 mil
3..Pirates Of the Caribbean: At World's End..$400 mil
4..Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer $360 mil
5..Life Free Or Die Hard..$320 mil
6..Ratatouille..$280 mil
7..Transformers..$240 mil
8..Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix..$230 mil
9..The Simpsons Movie..$190 mil
10.The Bourne Ultimatum..$160 mil

I didn't realize how many "BIG" films are coming out during the next dozen weeks...

-thoughts? What will be a let-down? What will be a barely-marketed "sleeper hit"? (obviously a film not listed in the 10 above)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

I have a friend on dA who has seen the new Transformers and thought it was utter crapola, I think Simpsons will outstrip Transformers by 25 mill or more.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mags

hmm i would guess:

1..Spider-Man 3..$390 mil...............................................Two good prequels and good buzz coming in, spidey should win

2..Shrek The Third..$375 mil............................................ Been a good span between movies, plus will get the bonus money that family movies always get.

3..Ratatouille..$320 mil................................................... Pixar, what else do you need to say. Possibly could have taken Shrek, but opening same weekend as Die Harder will hurt it.

4..Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix..$315 mil....... Harry Potter nuff said, plus buzz with last book coming out will push OotP high

5..Pirates Of the Caribbean: At World's End..$290 mil........... Strong opening weekend, but there was alot of people who disliked last one so they will stay home

6..The Simpsons Movie..$190 mil...................................... Will do ok, but too late to really draw much more then the die hard fans

7.The Bourne Ultimatum..$145 mil .................................... Good opening weekend, but a busy summer will keep it from reaching full potential

8..Transformers..$140 mil................................................. Good opening weekend, then poor reviews and strong competition will drown it

9..Life Free Or Die Hard..$125 mil ..................................... People will go for the novelty, then remember why this  series should have stopped at 1. Plus, add in that it opening same weekend as Pixar's film, no "Yippee-Ki-Ya" this time

10..Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer $115 mil........... I really think people will remember how poor the first one was and stay home. That said Silver Surfer and Galacticus will draw fanboys

Two possible sleepers:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478311/
Knocked Up - Comedy from the guy who did 40 year-old virgin.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463854/
28 weeks later - Sequel to the superb indy zombie movie.

"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"