My link to 2900 XT 1GB Specs and price at Mem Xprs posted at TechReport

Started by Ustauk, June 13, 2007, 03:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

Tech Report had a news post about the 1 gb Radeon 2900 XT being released tomorrow, but they didn't happen to have any specs.  I happened to be on Memory Expresses site when I found a entry for the card, already back ordered.  I sent the link to TechReport, and they posted it to their main news page, crediting my alias..  I'm pleased they used the link :)

Mags

"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Melbosa

Audio on the video card eh... damn might have to look at getting an HDMI receiver for home audio/video now.  Have to wait and see what other products get released (seen some specs of a couple from both ATI and nVidia), as I'm looking at an HTPC for home.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

I haven't looked at expensive hardware in quite a while...  That flame-covered fan-sink (is that what they call that cover?) looks really cool.

Oh, and congrats on being quoted as a source!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mags

This is a bit confusing, as in just this months Max PC, ATI/AMD announced that they were no longer going to compete with Nvidia for top performers (i.e. they said they would not be putting out a card faster then the 8800 gts at this time). Do they need 1 gig of ram and these specs to compete with the 8800 gts, or were they bs'ing hoping to surprise everyone, or is this just a way early spec release (i.e. won't be in stores for a while?)
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Tom

As if ATI will stop competing. And this card/chip has been in development for a good couple years, its not like they will just drop it. Also, the actual hardware listed there isn't a "Built By ATI" card, its just "Powered By ATI". The OEMs can do what they want with the cards they make.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!