Fragapalooza '08

Started by Mr. Analog, January 22, 2008, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Booking issues with the Mayfield.  Have to work through some of it before we really know for sure.  Stay tuned.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

The so the Mayfield screwed something up? I assume the original dates where not announced until some form of reservation was made.

Melbosa

More of a Mayfield trying to be difficult again.  I'm sure when it is resolved, you will get an update on the news page of frag.

Cova

As Melbosa has said, the title of the thread is kinda wrong - nothing is really certain yet.

QuoteWe realize that some of you have booked your vacation time already and that is why we are making this announcement now, even though nothing has been confirmed. Please bear with us as we work on getting this confirmed ASAP.

If we have to change venues, the new date for Fragapalooza will be August 7 - 10.

Lazybones

Quote from: Cova on March 11, 2008, 09:04:52 AM
As Melbosa has said, the title of the thread is kinda wrong - nothing is really certain yet.

QuoteWe realize that some of you have booked your vacation time already and that is why we are making this announcement now, even though nothing has been confirmed. Please bear with us as we work on getting this confirmed ASAP.

If we have to change venues, the new date for Fragapalooza will be August 7 - 10.

However when taken with the VERY FIST LINE in the post
QuoteWe have run into a serious snag that we are working through. We are having some issues with booking the Mayfield and are looking at an alternate location. The biggest snag will be the date may have to change.

Melbosa

Well, resolved could be a new location, old date; resolved could be new location, new date; resolved could be Mayfield with old date; resolved could be Mayfield with new date; we just don't know what yet.  President and Vice are working on it.

Mr. Analog

We'll see, they have to have it more or less sorted out by May I should think.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Going to be at the Sportex, Aug 7-10th.

I wonder how many cancelations the Mayfield will see now?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

well here is hoping things go well at the new location. I probably should start booking my vacation around this.

Thorin

Hmm, there's not really an abundance of rentable sleeping quarters around there...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on March 31, 2008, 09:22:35 AM
Hmm, there's not really an abundance of rentable sleeping quarters around there...

But there is the LRT to anywhere you want to go!  Plus TENT CITY! Yay :P

Tonnica

I'm glad to see the location and date are finally decided upon for Fraga. As well I'm kind of glad to see the Mayfield get the boot this year. Increasing rates by 100% is redonkulous.

The Sportex will provide a nice change, as well as significantly different facilities. Where the Mayfield is a hotel that has rentable rooms, the Sportex is a stand-alone building with huge (HUGE!) amounts of space in the venue. The Sportex is also a bit farther away from resturants/bars/etc. so people with spacious cars will become very very popular.

Sleeping is easy for me. I live on a transit line linked to the LRT so if I need to I can go home to sleep. I'm not sure how difficult it will be to manage security in the Sportex, but as a precaution we should set up a rotation after we set up. Just to make sure there's someone there to keep an eye on the rigs while the wimps of the group catch some z's.

Melbosa

Melbosa

So update on venue:
http://www.fragapalooza.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2445

So now to re-discuss: Rides, Hotels, Food, Drinks, Plans...