Christian Children's Fund refused GenCon donation

Started by Melbosa, November 05, 2008, 10:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on November 06, 2008, 01:10:15 PM
So if it's all about he giving, why would GenCon not simply donate the money without asking for a logo?  When I donate money to an organization, I ask for a tax receipt, not a logo.  I don't go tooting my horn about how much I've donated to organization XYZ, I just give them the money quietly.

I'm not sure, and good question.  Mutual gain perhaps as "look at us - good Samaritans" and CCF gets money?  Don't know.

Quote from: Thorin on November 06, 2008, 01:10:15 PM
If you're reading between the lines, then how about asking why GenCon made a big stink about it?  Or why they even bothered asking for CCF's logo?  Or why CCF would've taken all those donations by the co-creator of D&D, if CCF is morally opposed to D&D (by the way, the concept that CCF might be morally opposed to D&D has been brought up by the various bloggers and article commenters while CCF itself clearly states that it is not).

But would they have taken the money if the co-creator wanted to put a "Proud Supporter of CCF" on a personal blog?  Again I don't know.  Does CCF only take money anonymously?  Again I don't know.

All good conversations here in either case.  I like it!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!