Righteous Wrath Logo/Banner Request

Started by Melbosa, December 14, 2010, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Hey everyone,

So I was thinking and we really need a logo/banner for the site.  I was hoping for something contrasting the two words, Righteous and Wrath.  Although I have ideas, I am not artistic by any means.

Do you guys have an idea?  Can you create some and post them here?  I'd love to see what you can do.

Any interest?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

Nah... that has been on the "Coming Soon" site forever.  With some changes coming up, there might actually be a site coming... so wanted a fresh logo!

Mr. Analog

What kind of design are you looking for??

What colours are you after?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Ya also are we staying with the default forum skin? How about v2 of the forum, I think the skin is a little different.

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 14, 2010, 06:10:46 PM
What kind of design are you looking for??

What colours are you after?
I leave that to your choices... pick some.  We have used White, Black and Red in the past, as well as Black and Gold.

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on December 14, 2010, 07:56:19 PM
Ya also are we staying with the default forum skin? How about v2 of the forum, I think the skin is a little different.
One step at a time.  I am working on other things at the moment for the site, so can't think of a Forum upgrade just yet.

Darren Dirt

For the record, I really like the current (default) skin, the light blue and sky blue are very easy on the eyes. Would prefer any future change avoids red/orange/green high-contrast mixes.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

I will make a couple of logos and drop 'em in the thread.

What dimensions do you need?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Banners would be at least 750 wide... height, whatever looks good.

Logos, largest you can give me, as we can shrink to fit (and see how they look), but want but keep them w=h as much as possible.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on December 15, 2010, 11:09:33 AM
Banners would be at least 750 wide... height, whatever looks good.

Logos, largest you can give me, as we can shrink to fit (and see how they look), but want but keep them w=h as much as possible.

Well, generally I work at 400 dpi so, you could have it poster size haha. I will try to figure out a good ratio. I'm already thinking one of two designs:
1. Sort of a basic "Web 2.0" style banner
2. A steampunk rusted metal looking thing

I'll try to get on these before the weekend...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

1. Most forum logos only occupy a small rectangle of space in the top left
2. Vector art would be easy to reuse at any resolution / dpi. When talking only about logos most are kept simple in detail and in vector format for this reason.

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on December 15, 2010, 01:26:46 PM
1. Most forum logos only occupy a small rectangle of space in the top left
2. Vector art would be easy to reuse at any resolution / dpi. When talking only about logos most are kept simple in detail and in vector format for this reason.

Thanks for pointing this out, although I think Mr. A (and most graphical peeps) probably already knew this :P.  But good information for any whom didn't.  And yes I have software that works with Vector images.

Mr. Analog

While I have Illustrator I don't know if I'm gonna vector it, if I raster it at high res you should be able to reduce it to whatever size works.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

What ever works for you guys.  I don't expect anything, and therefore happy with everything :P