Good books on TDD and UI Design?

Started by Tom, February 28, 2012, 09:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 01, 2012, 02:25:16 PM
I'll see if I can prep some stuff first. It will just be concepts and I'll have to show you in .NET (my Java development VirtualBox image seems to be corrupted, I think I have a backup on DVD somewhere...)

The main thing are the concepts though.
As I think I've mentioned before, I don't much care about the programming language, as long as it isn't super esoteric. So long as its C like, I just treat it like a new API to learn rather than a new /scary/ language to learn.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 01, 2012, 02:35:13 PM
I'll see if I can prep some stuff first. It will just be concepts and I'll have to show you in .NET (my Java development VirtualBox image seems to be corrupted, I think I have a backup on DVD somewhere...)

As I think I've mentioned before, I don't much care about the programming language, as long as it isn't super esoteric. So long as its C like, I just treat it like a new API to learn rather than a new /scary/ language to learn.

Sounds good, structurally .NET is very similar to Java so the only thing you'll have to cope with are my font colour settings lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 01, 2012, 02:36:37 PM

Sounds good, structurally .NET is very similar to Java so the only thing you'll have to cope with are my font colour settings lol
Eh. Its all C. ;)

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Mr. Analog

Nah, all my examples are in MSIL lol!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Lunar Command 2: MSIL Attack!

Shoot all the MSIL before it hits your CPU!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on March 01, 2012, 03:08:13 PM
Lunar Command 2: MSIL Attack!

Shoot all the MSIL before it hits your CPU!

Glitch! Gamestats... hmm... looks like a standard action game... we have to launch missiles at The User, shouldn't be too hard!

REBOOT!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Hey Mr. Analog u practice on Tom, get your training skillz down, and then later on this year maybe I'll take your seminars or whatnot...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 01, 2012, 03:31:27 PM

Hey Mr. Analog u practice on Tom, get your training skillz down, and then later on this year maybe I'll take your seminars or whatnot...

Maybe you can join us, the concepts are what count, at the very least it would be a start.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 01, 2012, 03:38:38 PM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 01, 2012, 03:31:27 PM

Maybe you can join us, the concepts are what count, at the very least it would be a start.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y_KNYNzN6A

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tom on March 01, 2012, 03:40:40 PM

meh, Simpsons stole the reference from Clerks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyZ5PXAOttA

(who were paying homage to ... an old movie)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 01, 2012, 03:49:30 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 01, 2012, 03:40:40 PM

meh, Simpsons stole the reference from Clerks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyZ5PXAOttA

(who were paying homage to ... an old movie)
I hope you don't mean to say that the simpsons episode I linked to (that aired in the 90's or before) somehow referenced an animated clerks from the 2000s?