Good books on TDD and UI Design?

Started by Tom, February 28, 2012, 09:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

I'm still kinda catching on sleep ;) but I'm busy right through until Sunday evening (possibly).

Again, if you want to get started on an earlier day that works for you guys go right ahead, no biggie...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 13, 2012, 03:39:40 PM
I'm still kinda catching on sleep ;) but I'm busy right through until Sunday evening (possibly).

Again, if you want to get started on an earlier day that works for you guys go right ahead, no biggie...

I really want to make sure you're included here DD, Sunday evening it is then. What time?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 13, 2012, 03:43:00 PM

I really want to make sure you're included here DD, Sunday evening it is then. What time?

Cool -- well, 7:30pm would be a good guaranteed time I expect to be back home even on weekends where I'm out and about with the kids. Wind down the weekend with some learninating, sounds like a plan?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 13, 2012, 04:04:58 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 13, 2012, 03:43:00 PM

Cool -- well, 7:30pm would be a good guaranteed time I expect to be back home even on weekends where I'm out and about with the kids. Wind down the weekend with some learninating, sounds like a plan?

Sounds like a plan Stan
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Tom and me are trash-talking* you right now... with my dollarama mic ftw!

...so I guess another night Mr. Analog sir? (and PS: accept my Friend Request or whatever it's called in Skype ;) )

* ;) j/k of course ... you know I don't need Tom's help to trash-talk you buddy!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tom on February 28, 2012, 09:08:14 PM
If you guys have any good tips, resources, books, whathaveyou, please share :)

Michael Feathers: "10 Papers Every Programmer Should Read (At Least Twice)"
http://blog.objectmentor.com/articles/2009/02/26/10-papers-every-programmer-should-read-at-least-twice

apparently Mr. Feathers is highly respected in the agile/TDD community.

And at a quick glance I would say that most of his suggested papers in the list are helpful in getting folks like us (i.e. "Developers", not happy just being code monkey "programmers") to get thinking in a way that makes the task of designing/building stuff easier on our brains... and often on our fingers as well.

Mr. Analog

That reminds me shall we pick this up again Sunday afternoon?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Should be good if I don't overdo it with something again. Or get stuck up all night with stomach pain again >:(
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Well, I'll check the boards at 1 PM-ish
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

That early is only tentative for me -- evenings are more likely, 7pm+. Even on Sundays, too often 'Man makes plans, and God laughs' ;) (especially true when you have kids)

Mr. Analog

I'm open to weeknights providing I know when you guys are free, Sunday night is out for me though.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt