Fragapalooza 2012

Started by Mr. Analog, March 21, 2012, 12:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on July 03, 2012, 02:06:36 PM
Ahhh yes the joys of running a non-profit $0 event with no cash sponsorship.  Numbers matter so we know what we can afford.  Frag is getting leaner and leaner on budget every day.

Yep, well hopefully we see a rush of people sooner than later, but Fraga light isn't so bad either.

I love the venue but I think being closer to a hotel or mass transit would shore up numbers.

Either that or host CS:S tournaments again *shudder* (j/k of course)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 03, 2012, 02:10:58 PM
Ahhh yes the joys of running a non-profit $0 event with no cash sponsorship.  Numbers matter so we know what we can afford.  Frag is getting leaner and leaner on budget every day.

Yep, well hopefully we see a rush of people sooner than later, but Fraga light isn't so bad either.

I love the venue but I think being closer to a hotel or mass transit would shore up numbers.

Or one attendee could become an MMA fighter to make up for the down-budgeted funds...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on July 03, 2012, 02:57:15 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 03, 2012, 02:10:58 PM

Or one attendee could become an MMA fighter to make up for the down-budgeted funds...

Sounds like Darren is volunteering!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 03, 2012, 03:00:32 PM
Sounds like Darren is volunteering!

To be the "guy who offers the perfect inspiring words just at the moment when the heroic figure is about to give up", sure!

Thorin

I'll do the accounting for you, if you do the fighting?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

We need a hero, a masked hero, an, ERADICATOR!

http://youtu.be/FJjMAeJxdYw
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on July 03, 2012, 04:33:12 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 03, 2012, 04:12:10 PM
We need a hero, a masked hero, an, ERADICATOR!

http://youtu.be/FJjMAeJxdYw
http://www.youtu.be/7f_HsjpSVaI#t=8s

Other suggested videos: Total Eclipse Of The Heart, Meat Loaf, Roxette, Europe, Queen, Blondie, Midnight Oil, and the Top Gun's Take My Breath Away.

goddamn Google is getting good at suggesting the right videos.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tom on July 03, 2012, 05:39:53 PM
Totally off topic: http://www.youtu.be/KgdJjvWIlJg
^ at least you aren't as negligent (if not malicious!) as Mr. Analog -- what's the deal, bro, linking to that vid and NOT including a "KITH" warning for those whose brains are not as full of useless popculture/trivia as me or you? You may have just cost somebody's employer an hour or two of productivity... Did it... "slip [your] mind"?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on July 03, 2012, 05:52:34 PM
Quote from: Tom on July 03, 2012, 05:39:53 PM
Totally off topic: http://www.youtu.be/KgdJjvWIlJg
^ at least you aren't as negligent (if not malicious!) as Mr. Analog -- what's the deal, bro, linking to that vid and NOT including a "KITH" warning for those whose brains are not as full of useless popculture/trivia as me or you? You may have just cost somebody's employer an hour or two of productivity... Did it... "slip [your] mind"?

I tell you what, let's have dinner tonight, Pesto's at 8, I'll bring the video, I'll bring The Godfather. You know that Paul Simon album you've been wanting me to tape? I'll tape it and bring that too AND dinner's on me.

... will do
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

There is a guy on Facebook who is taking orders for Bawls, if anyone is interested.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

FYI I just opened Seating for Paid Registrants.  Reserve your seat now!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

I saw the email just now. Mr A, got any preferences on where to sit?