SimCity 2013 - Oh how you sucker punched me in Love!

Started by Melbosa, March 05, 2013, 11:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Plus, and I don't care how much server code you claim is required for your game, it WILL be pirated if enough people want it.

5 years ago people were running their own WOW servers
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

I actually kinda want to play... Been watching some lets plays. But theres still serious bugs, and theres still people losing their cities. It's retarded.

No way in heck am I going to put up with any of that. Once they fix their issues, then maybe I'll buy it.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL

All I wanted was an updated for modern coolness Sim City

What I don't want is:
-Unity
-EA
-Questionable AI
-Always on
-Tiny towns (and other lacking features from previous games yeesh)

AUGH
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 04, 2013, 10:13:41 AM
Sim City

What I don't want is:
-Unity
-EA
-Questionable AI
-Always on
-Tiny towns (and other lacking features from previous games yeesh)

AUGH

I noticed a distinct lack of "POO MAP" in your list of Do Not Want.

PS: anyone else notice this about the "related videos" for this?
HaloForN00bz 19 hours ago
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE
The entire related videos bar is no longer all zero punctuation
In fact there are no zero punctuation videos there at all
Reply  ? 182 

yes1sir1no1sir 3 hours ago
I feel like The Escapist is actually doing me a favor now i can't just fall from Zero Punctuation to Zero Punctuation for 10 @%&#ing hours now.
I might actually be able to do something with my life now!
Reply  ?   in reply to HaloForN00bz

LearnDragonLanguage 10 hours ago
I guess you could say that the number of Zero Punctuation videos to the right is
(?_?)
( ?_?)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
zero.
Reply  ? 37   in reply to HaloForN00bz

Spoiler

ASDKFJ1234 10 hours ago
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...?.
/watch?v=QoPWALM2riQ
Reply  ?   in reply to LearnDragonLanguage (Show the comment)

[close]

Mr. Analog

FINALLY a POO map

a feature sorely missing from most games
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I really liked the original SimCity.  It was dirt-simple, thus had a low barrier to entry, thus could be picked up and played by almost anyone.  And yet you still had to pay attention to what the people wanted, and watch the crime maps and fire protection maps, and if you didn't cheat it was actually difficult to both keep the city growing and keep your budget in the black.

If only there were somewhere that I could download it from.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I mostly played the SNES SimCity (very similar to the original, only with a few added features), SimCity 2000 and it's sequel 3000.

I played SimEarth and SimAnt, as well as the first iteration of TheSims (when it got to the point where I was playing a game where a guy was in a house playing a game I quit because irony).

Each of these games could easily eat a day, it always felt productive and the best part was you evolved and built something over time (which is one of the reasons why Minecraft is so fun).

So many good memories.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

We have the SNES SimCity as a Virtual Console game on our Wii.  I don't like the controls.  Still, we played for several hours before the kids got bored of the graphics...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on April 04, 2013, 12:24:24 PM
We have the SNES SimCity as a Virtual Console game on our Wii.  I don't like the controls.  Still, we played for several hours before the kids got bored of the graphics...

Pphh Stupid Kids!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I played the SNES SimCity for /days/ on end. DAYS I TELL YOU! DAYS!
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Well it's pretty boring to watch someone else play a game.  Throw in that the graphics are all blocky and not at all like a movie telling a story, and the game gets even more boring to watch.

Oh, I guess I should've said that I was the one with the controller, not them :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 04, 2013, 12:25:05 PM
Quote from: Thorin on April 04, 2013, 12:24:24 PM

Pphh Stupid Kids!

Or... UNCOMMONLY SMART kids?
http://weknowmemes.com/2012/11/the-day-that-albert-einstein-feared-may-have-finally-arrived/

Melbosa

So now I see Maxis and EA finally responding fully to consumer demands and modder proof: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/01/13/simcity-offline-mode-is-officially-confirmed

Might have to jump back into the game after this release.  MP really never did anything for me in the game.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I've been watching a playthrough of the new futuristic expansion and the game is still riddled with bugs.

I still can't believe how they could take a game franchise that is so good and drive it into the ground so hard.
By Grabthar's Hammer