Fragapalooza 2013

Started by Melbosa, March 27, 2013, 04:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Can someone do me a favour?  Can someone set someone strait for me on the Frag FB group (not page but group)?  I have to be politicak in my response as a representative of FP... but doesn't mean others do to.

Guy complaining about prizes he won. I hate it when people rag on my staff ir event because of greed.  No one would dare rag on a charity event with prizes but they will a not-for-profit event volunteer run.  Erks my grits.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

@%&#er should be here to play games and have fun not win DONATED prizes

What a douche

Anyway I am wary of White Knighting so I dunno, just remember the first rule of the internet: don't feed the trolls
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yeah I deleted his second post already.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

So I finally paid. And instead of waiting till its way too damn late again, I was wondering if I could arrange a ride share with someone :)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Good timing I think seating is opening up soon.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Guys.... Frag needs help... our registrations are not what they need to be to cover costs.  We've been advertising in schools, facebook, sign-posts, EB Games, and we're just not getting registrations.  Our advertising budget doesn't exist but the president and myself have been footing cash for adverts anyway.

Any ideas or contacts in media we could leverage for some help?

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on July 07, 2013, 04:21:48 PM
Guys.... Frag needs help... our registrations are not what they need to be to cover costs.  We've been advertising in schools, facebook, sign-posts, EB Games, and we're just not getting registrations.  Our advertising budget doesn't exist but the president and myself have been footing cash for adverts anyway.

Any ideas or contacts in media we could leverage for some help?

Damn really? Not sure there is much I can do from out here....

Tom

I'm asking folks at ENTS but the group isn't that large.. Though one or more of them work at nait/u-of-a, so something might come of that.

You guys advertise at the students unions?

Tom

Post a nice official facebook and twitter message so people can reshare it, that may help.

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 08, 2013, 10:45:25 AM
I'm REALLY hoping we can figure out a way to get more people at Fraga, I'm not sure if they're tapping stuff like Reddit to get the word out but I think they need to get involved with the MLG community (if they haven't already). Get some SC2 or something happening? I unno...

We have engaged Reddit through one of our Staff members and I have engaged MLG community through LoL and SC2 Leagues.  I have an official LoL tournament happening at the event, but can't seem to get a solid lead on an SC2 one.  I have someone wanting to run it but they are hard to communicate with. 

Frag really needs over 200 participants to really make a go of it.  200 paid participants.  For contract reasons we are at Leduc for now, so venue change is not an option.  Any other ideas?  I'm fresh out and out of $$$ to help out :(

Mr. Analog

78 people short eh?

Hmm...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 08, 2013, 10:59:47 AM
78 people short eh?

Hmm...

Well more than that.  18 of those registered are Staff which don't pay to be there.  So almost 100 needed.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Wow. That's harsh. I'm amazed its less this year than the past few.