Grand Theft Auto V

Started by Melbosa, September 16, 2013, 09:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I was playing a little GTA: V Online today... ahh the fun of playing with kids

As I was knocking over a convenience store on my way to steal a helicopter (because I'm low level and I needed money), some jerkass decided to try to take me out while I was in there. I whipped around really fast and got 'em with my heavy assault rifle (thank you side missions!) but it raised my wanted level to 3, that alerts some players in multiplayer and marks me as a target. Now most of the time people don't care but this guy for some reason made it his mission to find me, which he did, I had driven my beast up the side of a steep hill near a gravel quarry and he managed to blast me with a shotgun. Ok, it's GTA Online, it happens.

Anyway, I respawn not far away and go to get my car, and before I could do anything the jerkass made a beeline for me and killed me again... now I'm a low lvl character and he's a high level character, so this is just somebody being a dick. Anyway, I respawned and went into "passive" mode which makes it so people can't just randomly engage you (also you can't draw weapons) anyway for some reason he drove up to me and got out of his car? I don't know why, so seeing my opportunity I tried to jack his car, but I got in on the passenger side, he managed to get in the driver side and he just started driving with me sitting there, it was making him crazy because there's no way to kick somebody out of your car, so I just sat there being annoying.

This car is something that he had sunk a lot of cash into, it was mostly all custom (or at least as far as you can get by lvl 18) but the thing is he got fed up of me sitting there and at high speed on the highway bailed out... I was like "ok" and just got in the driver's seat and took it to "Los Santos Customs" (a chop shop).

You see, if you jack another players car, no matter their level, you can sell it. And I did. And I got $95k for it

The moral of the story is: if you're gonna be a dick online disable the ability for "everyone" to get in your car
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I discovered two things:

1. Director Mode
2. Rockstar Editor

VASTLY addictive features
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Once again the latest combo of game and video drivers lead to random FPS drops, I disabled VSYNC and it seemed to reduce the visibility of the problem.

I'm not sure who is worse at optimization NVIDIA or Rockstar
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 29, 2016, 10:44:43 AM
Once again the latest combo of game and video drivers lead to random FPS drops, I disabled VSYNC and it seemed to reduce the visibility of the problem.

I'm not sure who is worse at optimization NVIDIA or Rockstar

So, I reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers and re-detected my monitor and the FPS lag went away.

Don't know why that worked but it did
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on February 01, 2016, 01:25:37 PM
http://ca.ign.com/videos/2016/02/01/this-gta-5-millennium-falcon-mod-has-got-it-where-it-counts

The Star Destroyer one is pretty amazing, it shows just how ridiculously huge it would really be (a pity though the textures look like ass at that size)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer