never get lost in IKEA again!

Started by Darren Dirt, December 14, 2011, 05:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

At 0:18, the phone shows 7:57 when he starts walking towards "Living Room".  At 0:23, the phone shows 8:51 with him almost arriving at "Living Room".  54 minutes to walk from one end of IKEA to the other?  That's a big IKEA!  Or a faked video.

And there's more - at 0:30 he sets off for "Children's IKEA", and the phone shows 8:51.  At 0:43, he's apparently in the elevator after picking up the kid's rug, and the phone shows 9:11.  Twenty minutes to walk a bit, pick up a rug, and then get in an elevator.

Best yet is at the checkout, at 0:56 in the video.  "Jen" texted him at 8:05 asking if he's still in IKEA (that's only 8 minutes after he entered the store), and he answers at 9:30, "Already finished!"  Okay, first off he's not done yet as he's still in the checkout, second it took him 93 minutes to pick up four things without detouring or browsing, thirdly "Jen" expected him to be near completion at 8:05?  If I'm an hour and a half late my better half certainly won't be impressed.

It's a great concept, but don't make FAKE VIDEOS, Google.  Advertising vapourware is evil.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

lol.

methinks the person in the video did the usual random-wandering that IKEA tends to bring out of people or something. The point is, a nice little floorplan in "big" stores and office buildings and malls etc. is pretty handy to have on your mobile.

I wonder if WEM has provided their info?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Given it's a video: multiple takes.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 14, 2011, 09:29:14 PM
Given it's a video: multiple takes.
And it takes time to move camera equipment, crew, and extras.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!