EA is worse than Bank of America. or Walmart. Or even ComCast(!)

Started by Darren Dirt, April 10, 2012, 06:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

destroy the economy, treat customers like crap, sure ... just don't piss off the internet!

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/ea-is-just-the-worst

those LoadingReadyRun guys have some pretty witty writers, "Checkpoint" seems like watching Colbert's "The Word" but in the context of GAMING! Also, they provided a new word to describe Minecraft: a "TIME PRISON"!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 10, 2012, 06:19:12 PM
they provided a new word to describe Minecraft: a "TIME PRISON"!

I would watch this, but I don't have time because I need to play Minecraft.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 10, 2012, 09:47:34 PM
How old is that video? It talks about DNF going gold?

It's hard to believe but Duke went gold in June 2011. So the vid is pretty old in terms of "modern gaming" franchises etc. but not really ancient since Minecraft is  mentioned as already notorious for being a Time Prison ;)

it's probably mid-May 2011:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/228552/duke_nukem_forever_goes_gold.html

but imo "come for the gaming info, stay for the funnay!" so not as important for it to be super-recent (think: Yahtzee)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 10, 2012, 09:55:52 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 10, 2012, 09:47:34 PM
How old is that video? It talks about DNF going gold?

It's hard to believe but Duke went gold in June 2011. So the vid is pretty old in terms of "modern gaming" franchises etc. but not really ancient since Minecraft is  mentioned as already notorious for being a Time Prison ;)

it's probably mid-May 2011:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/228552/duke_nukem_forever_goes_gold.html

Yeah, "time prison" ... just like watching old videos... ;) hehe

I'll say this about Minecraft; it captures your imagination in a way different than most other games, it's truly a phenomenon.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 10, 2012, 10:05:47 PM

I'll say this about Minecraft; it captures your imagination in a way different than most other games, it's truly a phenomenon.

[confession mode]today during lunchtime I watched the first 3 parts of Yogcast play through of "EDEN Project" ... pretty neat level/puzzle design so far, and oy those brits are quite the comedians.
[/confession mode]

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 10, 2012, 10:08:11 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 10, 2012, 10:05:47 PM

[confession mode]today during lunchtime I watched the first 3 parts of Yogcast "EDEN Project" play through ... pretty neat level/puzzle design so far, and oy those brits are quite the comedians.
[/confession mode]

They're quite entertaining yes, their videos also bring out the best in the adventure maps they find or are given to play. In fact, if it weren't for the Yogscast I may have missed out on one of the greatest games ever made.

Always reminds me of the fun we've all had collectively playing games over the years, we all have the same sort of weird humor heh.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 10, 2012, 10:12:02 PM
They're quite entertaining yes, their videos also bring out the best in the adventure maps they find or are given to play. In fact, if it weren't for the Yogscast I may have missed out on one of the greatest games ever made.

Always reminds me of the fun we've all had collectively playing games over the years, we all have the same sort of weird humor heh.

http://yogscast.wikia.com/wiki/Yogscast_Wiki
looks like they've got a Firefall beta.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 10, 2012, 10:15:39 PM

http://yogscast.wikia.com/wiki/Yogscast_Wiki
looks like they've got a Firefall beta.

Ah yes, those would be those videos I've been posting for the last few days...

I do hope I get in, not sure what class I want to play (good thing its easy to switch!)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Another cool adventure map they do is called "Deep Space Turtle Chase", that was an extremely impressive map (and very VERY funny).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

[confession mode]today during lunchtime I watched the first 3 parts of Yogcast "EDEN Project" play through ... pretty neat level/puzzle design so far, and oy those brits are quite the comedians.
[/confession mode]

childish and goofy destructiveness ftw! my stomach hurts from laughing so hard -- lunchtime viewing of Minecraft : The EDEN Project, Part 6 -- the one where his buddy set fire to the trees as they ran from infected zombies (after setting off a few TNTs at various points just to be a douche)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awhK_ChHskE

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 19, 2012, 01:10:53 PM

[/confession mode]

childish and goofy destructiveness ftw! my stomach hurts from laughing so hard -- lunchtime viewing of Minecraft : The EDEN Project, Part 6 -- the one where his buddy set fire to the trees as they ran from infected zombies (after setting off a few TNTs at various points just to be a douche)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awhK_ChHskE

hahahaha ahh yes /give honeydew 46 1
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

honeydew aka "Simon the asshole" :)

Good timing for me going back to Eden to watch the final 3 parts, since yesterday @ lunch I watched a bunch of Portal 2 vlips with Wheatley ... so was in the mood for fast-talking British vocals saying funny things.