What Are You Listening To?

Started by Mr. Analog, January 22, 2007, 03:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

With all the recent talk about music, I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we post what music we're currently listening to.

I'll start off:

Currently listening to:
"It Can Happen" by Yes
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Thorin

"Common People", William Shatner.  Next is "Toilet Flushing Shelving Unit" from SongsToWearPantsTo.com, then "Out Of This World" by The Cure, "Running Free" by Iron Maiden, and "Even Better Than The Real Thing" by U2.

I love taking about ten or twelve albums and just shuffling the list...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Shayne

Good call Thorin.

The next 10 in the iTunes queue...

Punkrocker" by Teddy Bears feat Iggy Pop
It's Not Over" by Daughtry
Paralyzer" by Finger Eleven
Dashboard" by Modest Mouse
Naive" by The Kooks
Save Yourself" by The Colour
Your Touch" by The Black Keys
Fallen Leaves" by Billy Talent
The Prayer" by Bloc Party
Stand Up" by Jet

Shayne

Quote from: Lazybones on January 22, 2007, 03:48:05 PMSilversun Pickups

They seem like a mix of old and just before breakup Smashing Pumpkins.  Its a great disc, very solid start to finish.  Lazy Eye even has a sort of 1979 beat to it even :)

Darren Dirt

Just picked up "The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble".

Been hearing a bit of SRV on K-Rock and the Bear the last few weeks, finally decided to purchase a collection of his wailing/haunting/stirring classics cuz sometimes I'm just in a mood to close my eyes and just let his voice and his guitar work flow all around me, let the blues song clear away my blues in real life...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

CowGirl

Listen to the mix that I made for my Nan's memorial service.

When I Get Where I am Going
Holes In the Floor of Heaven
Angels Among Us
Because You Loved me
Turn! Turn! Turn!
I Miss My Friend

And the list of sad sappy songs go on.
i aM A NoBoDy, NoBoDy iS PeRfEcT, tHeReFoRe, I'M PeRfEcT!

Tonnica

Twilight by ELO
Queued up after that is some Future Sound of London, Wild ARMs 2 soundtrack, Stevie Wonder, Castlevania 20th Anneversary Collection, and Gradius Super Arrange.

Mr. Analog

Elliot Fisher / Theme From "Our Man Flint"

Queued up:
Jack Fascinato / Spring, Sprang, Sprung
Alvino Rey / Night Train
Martin Denny / Harlem Nocturne

Enjoying some cheesy jazz / lounge music from the early to mid 60s while I draw...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

After doing a little R6:V and watching the last half of "Back to the Future" i shamefully admit that I dusted off a really old Huey Lewis & the News CD "Fore!" and have it spinning while I do a few odds and ends *who thought that a javascript colorpicker widget would be so damn easy to code?!*

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Shayne on January 23, 2007, 12:42:52 AM
After doing a little R6:V and watching the last half of "Back to the Future" i shamefully admit that I dusted off a really old Huey Lewis & the News CD "Fore!" and have it spinning while I do a few odds and ends *who thought that a javascript colorpicker widget would be so damn easy to code?!*

Oh man, those are a lot of fun to write, I like how with the right math you can make a palette that looks just like the Windows 32 bit colour picker. One of the snazzier ones I've seen is this puppy, though to make MSIE 6 play nice with PNG an HTC is used.

Also, I'm listening to some Nirvana this morning.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Adams

On my Archos AV500
Currently: Adriana - Headstrong
Next: The Rat - Walkmen
Next: Until The Day I Die - Story Of The Year
"Life is make up of 2 types of people...
50% of People who do want to do things
50% of people who do not want to do things
The rest are all forced to do things."

CowGirl

i aM A NoBoDy, NoBoDy iS PeRfEcT, tHeReFoRe, I'M PeRfEcT!

Shayne

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 23, 2007, 07:32:22 AMOh man, those are a lot of fun to write, I like how with the right math you can make a palette that looks just like the Windows 32 bit colour picker. One of the snazzier ones I've seen is this puppy, though to make MSIE 6 play nice with PNG an HTC is used.

I didn't go that advanced, I'm just using a small pallet a simple DHTML floating div, and javascript to do the looping to build an 8 bit pallet.

Music this morning is powered by Sirius.  Currently playing Incubus - Anna-Molly.