HONEYDEWYEAHYEAHYEAH

Started by Tom, June 23, 2013, 06:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on June 25, 2013, 01:46:27 PM
So he's lamenting that he's spending too much time and not sticking to his allotted timebox, and then you bug him about not letting himself do something that would be enjoyable.  But he doesn't have time to do that enjoyable thing.  So what was the problem?  That he called that enjoyable thing "wasting time"?
I'm willing to be that you (Thorin) are a bajillion times busier than Darren. And yet, you manage to sneak in personal time (though sometimes a bit too much ;)).

I don't know. It just sounds like hes making excuses for his current situation. As if it is completely immutable, and he has no control over it what so ever.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I had challenges letting myself have free time without feeling guilty about it.

http://forums.righteouswrath.com/index.php/topic,9669.msg73074.html#msg73074

reeeeeeeeelllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'm not busier, I'm just engaging in activities that can't be pushed off as easily to make way for others I want to do.  People notice if you don't show up to coach the team you said you'd coach, and all that.

I do consider watching tv or youtube or playing minecraft or d&d to be wasting time when looking at it from a production point of view.  It doesn't get me anything new or more in my life of the physical things (money included) that are easily counted.  But it's enjoyable and de-stressing and I know that will help me live a longer and richer life.  Still, I understand why some people call it "wasting time".  I just don't agree with those who think wasting time is a bad thing.

As for taking too much personal time, yeah, I have trouble disconnecting when I've reached the end of my personal-time timebox.  This usually means my personal-time timebox gobbles up my sleep timebox.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

See that's cool, you've got a pretty good grip on how you spend your time, I didn't and I was beating myself up for it.

Again, I apologize because I turned this into a "glomp on Darren" thing which wasn't my intention, just a few words he had put there struck a chord with me.

I'll shut up now :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 25, 2013, 02:37:13 PM
See that's cool, you've got a pretty good grip on how you spend your time, I didn't and I was beating myself up for it.

Again, I apologize because I turned this into a "glomp on Darren" thing which wasn't my intention, just a few words he had put there struck a chord with me.
Indeed. Ditto.

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 25, 2013, 02:37:13 PM
I'll shut up now :)
Ditto.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

The trick is to just get on with life instead of feeling guilty about the past.  It's a good idea to learn from the past, but that's not the same as feeling guilty.  You can't change the past and you might have to suffer consequences for actions in the past, but you can change your future decisions.  Too bad most people don't change their future decisions.

It's basically the same advice I give goalies: if they score on you, forget about it right now because you can't change it.  It's okay to think about how they scored on you because there might be a hole in the defenses that you can cover better, but that's it.  Now it's time to look at the puck/ring/ball, follow it, and get in the way to make another save.  Good goalies never live in the past.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

Whoa you start to see how much work went into the making this way
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 25, 2013, 10:02:46 AM
Quote from: Tom on June 25, 2013, 10:00:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtcL96CDJf8

YEAH-EE-AH EE-YA EE-YA YAH-HAH
YAAAA-EE-YA EE-YA YAH-HAH

what's goin' on

lol

Bump for brain bug.

Also to say that, in general, down to less than an hour per day of silly distractions. But it's Mooooonday so here ya go, if you like pain. Link is still live can't believe it. #2013 was half a decade ago WTF have you done with the time? ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 30, 2018, 11:26:20 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 25, 2013, 10:02:46 AM
Quote from: Tom on June 25, 2013, 10:00:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtcL96CDJf8

YEAH-EE-AH EE-YA EE-YA YAH-HAH
YAAAA-EE-YA EE-YA YAH-HAH

what's goin' on

lol

Bump for brain bug.

Also to say that, in general, down to less than an hour per day of silly distractions. But it's Mooooonday so here ya go, if you like pain. Link is still live can't believe it. #2013 was half a decade ago WTF have you done with the time? ;)

WHOA talk about kismet... I was kinda curious to see what the YOGS were up to as I unsubscribed after they stopped focusing on Minecraft as much and...not much has changed. They're still playing GTAV Online and Trouble in Terrorist Town (a GMod Mod mode) a once great channel reduced to avg content lol
By Grabthar's Hammer