Daemon Tools 4.0 is out

Started by Melbosa, November 17, 2005, 02:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Checked out the release notes.. Seems there is no X64 support yet.. This was the one feature I was waiting for since I have an AMD64 processor and wanted to test out Windows 64

Cova

x64 version is now available - use link in original post.

Shayne

Windows64 BLOWS!  No support for winrar was a killer for me.  My printer/scanner doenst work either.

Gah!

Lazybones

Quote from: "Shayne"Windows64 BLOWS!  No support for winrar was a killer for me.  My printer/scanner doenst work either.

Gah!

I use http://www.7-zip.org/ anyway.. which as a X64 version.

Vista will have X64 version modes as well. If you want to make use of X64 you will need to make the switch in drivers at some point.

Shayne

I'd love to be using Windows 64 on my main system, but the lack of drivers, common application support has me right off it.  Vista support is gonna be a slow process as well i think.

Lazybones

VISTA X64 will probably be the worst unless the whole VISTA driver model requires both 32 and X64 support.

As for Daemon Tools 4.0 , I tried it out under normal XP and couldn't get it to install right.. After looking at the lack of features and remaining todo items I just went back to the old version.