Fall Edmonton Landscape Photos

Started by Ustauk, October 02, 2006, 10:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

I did some walking in the river valley on Saturday, and took some pictures.  Here's a Zorpia gallery of them.  If you have trouble getting to the album directly, go to my root page and navigate from there.  When you select an individual picture to view, it originally comes up in 640x480.  If you click on the image directly , it comes up full sized (2040x1536].  For some reason in Firefox the preview image doesn't bring up the link icon when you mouse over it, but you can still click on it.  The reason I used Zorpia over Flckr is Fllckr has a 140 mb monthly limit, whereas Zorpia doesn't seem to have one.

Lazybones

CowGirl

i aM A NoBoDy, NoBoDy iS PeRfEcT, tHeReFoRe, I'M PeRfEcT!

Adams

Very Nice, You want some nice Leg Grounds Pics? I work there and probably could get a few good shots :D

I love DSCN1547 its just so pretty :D

Thanks for the shots.
"Life is make up of 2 types of people...
50% of People who do want to do things
50% of people who do not want to do things
The rest are all forced to do things."

Ustauk

Quote from: Adams on October 02, 2006, 12:01:41 PM
Very Nice, You want some nice Leg Grounds Pics? I work there and probably could get a few good shots :D

I love DSCN1547 its just so pretty :D

Thanks for the shots.
Thank you and your welcome.  I already have some shots of the Leg grounds.  The only bad thing about them is I took them on a cloudy day.  I'll try and upload them when I get home.  If you're feeling motivated you're welcome to post up your own :)

I have a some more shots from earlier in the summer I'll try and put up.  I've been trying to find any bugs in my camera before I go to Australia, so I have a fair number.

Darren Dirt

WOW, nice work!

methinks DSCN1642 is my favoriate, and if it weren't for the "foggy" look to them DSCN1547 and DSCN1549 as well. 8)

PS: thanks for finding "Zorpia" ;D

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

Quote from: Ustauk on October 02, 2006, 10:34:50 AMThe reason I used Zorpia over Flckr is Fllckr has a 140 mb monthly limit, whereas Zorpia doesn't seem to have one.

Ahh, yes, forgot about that limitation.  I have a pro account so my limit is far higher then that.  Nice pictures though.

Ustauk

Quote from: Darren Dirt on October 02, 2006, 01:30:17 PM
WOW, nice work!
Thanks

methinks DSCN1642 is my favoriate, and if it weren't for the "foggy" look to them DSCN1547 and DSCN1549 as well. 8)
The "fog" is from those pictures having the sun directly above the shot, me messing with the ISO setting, and/or me forgetting to change the white balance from cloudy to sunny for the first couple of shots.

PS: thanks for finding "Zorpia" ;D
Your welcome... oh, lord what horror have I unleashed? :)

Ustauk

In case anyone was wondering, the photos were taken from the path that runs along the valley above Victoria Golf Course/Park, along River Valley Road, in Government House Park, Mackinnon Ravine, and a few shots from along 102 avenue around 136 street. I went from a 116 street to about 110th, and then backtracked to a 149th street along the trails, and then took 102 avenue/ Stonly Plain Road home.  It was a good hike :)

Mr. Analog

Great photos, that camera was worth it eh?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 02, 2006, 06:15:12 PM
Great photos, that camera was worth it eh?
So far so good :knocks on wood: :)