A circle never begins
A circle is forever

HoneyBunny

Ustauk

Quote from: HoneyBunny on September 14, 2007, 06:19:40 PM
I bring you...LOVE  :-*
I take your love into my heart, my honeybunny :-*

Thorin

I get the feeling my question isn't going to be answered.

So that means I can expound on it myself :)  I don't think love is a choice, I think love influences the choices we make, but love by itself just sorta happens.  I think love is weird, even though Darwinian logic dictates that it developed to ensure offspring survived.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: HoneyBunny on September 14, 2007, 06:19:40 PM
I bring you...LOVE  :-*

:)

That so reminds me of that simpsons episode
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/information/scripts/3g01.shtml
QuoteALIEN
I bring you love!

DR HIBBERT
Is that the love between a man and a woman, or the love of a man for a fine Cuban cigar? (chuckles)

ALIEN
Uh...I bring you love!

LENNY
It's bringing love, don't let it get away!

CARL
Break its legs!

LISA
Wait! You want an alien? This is your alien!

Lisa shines her torch on it, and it is revealed to be Mr. Burns.

BURNS
Hello, children. I bring you love.

WILLY
It's a monster! Kill it! Kill it!

SMITHERS
It's not a monster, it's Mr. Burns.

WILLY
Aw, it's Mr. Burns. Kill it! Kill it!

Welcome to the boards hunnybunny...

Mr. Analog

Ach! I locked this thread based on Melbosa's judgement and now I am confused! Oh well! At least no one referenced those horrid "Love Is..." comic strips.
By Grabthar's Hammer

HoneyBunny

Quote from: Lazybones on September 14, 2007, 07:53:07 PM
Welcome to the boards hunnybunny...

I am not crazy, I'm crazy in love.

Thank you for your dear words :)

HoneyBunny

Quote from: Thorin on September 14, 2007, 06:49:08 PM
I get the feeling my question isn't going to be answered.

So that means I can expound on it myself :)  I don't think love is a choice, I think love influences the choices we make, but love by itself just sorta happens.  I think love is weird, even though Darwinian logic dictates that it developed to ensure offspring survived.
God, grant the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; The courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Boy, do I like making offspring :)

And Ustauk loves it too :)

Tahtah for now.

Ustauk

If it was love which made me fall for you...then I am still falling.

HoneyBunny

Two things: number one,
It's not in being to old to start,
its in being too young to regret your life.
number two,
First love, the love that clings to your heart forever, no matter how much pain it has caused, no matter how many tears have fallen, first love will never leave my soul.
Never surrender.

Tom

Quote from: HoneyBunny on September 14, 2007, 11:55:08 PM
Never surrender.

NEVER Give Up! NEVER SURRENDER!!! (see attachment) ;)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Quote from: HoneyBunny on September 14, 2007, 11:45:43 PM

As in there's a child on the way?

Seriously, Ust can tell you not to get me started on the specifics of sex, I can tell some strange stories...

Anyway, this whole thread started off as (what I thought to be) a profound statement of what love is and isn't.  I posted it in the hopes that there'd be people here who would agree or disagree with the definition of love given in that original post, but now it's definitely off the rails.  I guess so much for intellectual discussion...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on September 15, 2007, 12:21:45 AM

Seriously, Ust can tell you not to get me started on the specifics of sex, I can tell some strange stories...

Anyway, this whole thread started off as (what I thought to be) a profound statement of what love is and isn't.  I posted it in the hopes that there'd be people here who would agree or disagree with the definition of love given in that original post, but now it's definitely off the rails.  I guess so much for intellectual discussion...
I pretty much agree, theres not much to discuss for me :)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

HoneyBunny

Quote from: Tom on September 15, 2007, 12:11:27 AM
Quote from: HoneyBunny on September 14, 2007, 11:55:08 PM
Never surrender.

NEVER Give Up! NEVER SURRENDER!!! (see attachment) ;)
To Infinity and Beyond!

HoneyBunny

Quote from: Thorin on September 15, 2007, 12:21:45 AM

To answer your question, inquisitive imp, love is a masterpiece created by heaven itself.  Zeus reached down from above and placed his hands upon man and woman and so joined there beings together forever as one.  What God has joined together, let no man tear asunder.  And love is but a tear in ocean full of pain.  Oh wondrous is the pleasures of love.  But who out there has not felt the double edged sting of the sword of love.  One might want to give up the quest of finding their soul mate, but I urge those doubting thomases to keep up the faith, for I believe there is someone for everyone.  May you all find the love that Ustauk and I are now swimming in - until our deaths.

Love, yours truly,
HoneyBunny

PS:  And oh, I forgot, I cannot swim.