"Google Drive" cloud storage more free space than Dropbox, integrates w. Docs

Started by Darren Dirt, April 25, 2012, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on May 21, 2012, 06:59:29 PM
Google Drive and Docs are very well integrated into my mobile devices. ;)

Yet they haven't released a Linux desktop client, although they say they are working on one.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on May 21, 2012, 07:18:05 PM
Quote from: Tom on May 21, 2012, 06:59:29 PM
Google Drive and Docs are very well integrated into my mobile devices. ;)

Yet they haven't released a Linux desktop client, although they say they are working on one.
I did say mobile ;)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

I guess it's "mobile" now?
http://drive.google.com/start

just got an email within the last hour, the contents of my Google Documents are now available in "the all-new Google Drive" -- the typical brief YT video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKJ9KzGQq0w

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

I think I got in the beta or something, I've had a drive account for a couple months at least now. I don't use it a heck of a lot, but its pretty cool. I've actually used it to store some stuff and move files to my phone when I'm too lazy to whip out a usb cable, or to my tablet when I don't want to fire up gmtp (libmtp seems to not like the nexus 7, it hangs a lot).

Mr. Analog

I think you could opt in if you were a Docs user for a while? Not sure, I remember seeing the option a while ago.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I have had an account for a while as well, however it is much more useful if you have an Android device vs an iOS device.

FYI Google is also marketing a Enterprise version of it through there google apps business units.

Tom

Thorin

Yeah, Docs users could join the beta a while ago.  Sounds like it works nicely for you, Tom.  I'll probably end up using it for file movement as well at some point.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful