Windows Surface Pro 128GB

Started by Melbosa, February 25, 2013, 03:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on February 27, 2013, 01:06:00 PM
Oh, and #2 most-viewed topic: Poker night at Dirtman's Thursday 15Nov2007 (reduced stakes).  10,000+ views!

well, it was inserted into the forum outside of the "Edmonton-Area" section, so it makes sense that it gets "hit" so much due to the "P" word being in the thread title.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

So back on topic (not to discredit your discussion, as I do find it compelling)... I've been on course all day with the Pro, and using my battery life tethered to my BB (no free wireless is really lame now-a-days).  Still got 40% left from full charge this am.  Thought for sure Blue Tooth was going to kill me today.

So conclusion on battery: Either the reviews with 4-4.5h battery life are using them heavily through the day or I'm really light with my use of the product (perhaps they were watching movies or gaming??).  I would like to think as a tablet device (not a desktop replacement) my use of the Pro today is pretty much an average use case of the device in business life.  I think this will fit my needs for business in terms of battery life (which is one of my largest worries with the device).
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

lol

Yeah, we're all thread hijackers.

Good to hear the battery's lasting ya.  Has the screen been on the whole time, or are there large parts of the course where you're listening and the screen can turn off?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Unfortunately work can't leave me alone for a day so I'd put it at mostly on and in use.  There were times that it did go to sleep but for the most part it has been on, in use or just a bit idle with a dim screen.

So yeah for me win on the battery life gamble!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!