Burnout Revenge

Started by Lazybones, September 13, 2005, 08:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Got a chance to play a little of the new game styles.. Seems like they have take the existing game play and added some more depth.

You can hit other traffic from behind now, but not large trucks. Takes getting used to because in the old version you had to dodge all traffic.

Will have to play some more before coming up with a final verdict but so far its looking good.

Melbosa

Played about 4 hours tonight.  Swwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt! Great update to the game.  Love the jumps now and the crash mode has seen some really nice upgrades.  I like the new crash mash button for big explosion.  The race mode where the objective is to rear-end as many cars as possible is kewl too.  And being able to use those little sprints and such as projectile weapons against opponents adds a nice new flavour to the game.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

It's starting to sound like that awful game Cruisin' USA...

1. Are the environments destructable? (i.e. when you slam into a guardrail what happens)

2. Are there lots of tracks to choose from?

3. Can you load your own soundtrack into the game?

4. Car variety? Better or Worse?

5. Online VS?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"It's starting to sound like that awful game Cruisin' USA...

Nothing like Crusin' USA, maybe a little like San Francisco Rush in the fact there are shortcuts now and some natrual jumps.. Still true to the other Burnout games though

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"
1. Are the environments destructable? (i.e. when you slam into a guardrail what happens)

Seems about the same as past versions for Burnout, only the other cars are distructable.

2. Are there lots of tracks to choose from?

Looked like there was lots to unlock.

3. Can you load your own soundtrack into the game?

Uses the EAtrax systems just like Burnout3 so it shouldn't be a problem

4. Car variety? Better or Worse?

Game claims all new cars in the intro.

5. Online VS?

Haven't looked yet, should have about the same options as Burnout 3, maybe more with the new modes.

Melbosa

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"1. Are the environments destructable? (i.e. when you slam into a guardrail what happens)

Somewhat.  More than before, as there are a lot of secret routes through the tracks now, which require blasting through grates, or drive on sidewalks through tables etc.  Guard rails are still solid, but this is burnout where your car is fragile to sport the crazy crashes.  Burnout has always been more arcadey than simulation.

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"2. Are there lots of tracks to choose from?

So far lots.  Won't know if as many as previous, until play through the game.  You have to unlock races as you go, which is the same as the previous.

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"3. Can you load your own soundtrack into the game?

I think you will be hard pressed to find any XBox sport game, of this type, where you can't listen to your own track.  Due to the HD, most racing, simulation and suprising some adventure games you can listen to your own music.  So yes, at least on the XBox... don't know about the PS2 when adding the HD with the network adapter.

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"4. Car variety? Better or Worse?

So far the same.  Again burnout you have to unlock cars by racing.  Won't know until getting closer to the end of the game if you have more or better, or worse.

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"5. Online VS?

Yep.  As well as coop crash modes and tournaments.

Melbosa

Melbosa

Oooooo Madden 06 save game unlocks a new car in this game.

Lazybones

Quote from: "Melbosa"Oooooo Madden 06 save game unlocks a new car in this game.

So did my Burnout 3 game save.

Melbosa

Which one?  Cause I have those :P

Lazybones

Quote from: "Melbosa"Which one?  Cause I have those :P

I think it was a crash car.. It prompted right when I loaded the game for the first time..

What % complete is your Burnout 3 profile? Mine is something like 98%.

Melbosa