EB PS3 Preorders open tomorrow? (Updated)

Started by Lazybones, October 09, 2006, 08:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 12, 2006, 11:50:16 PMThough obviously there was some missed job satisfaction there for a successful poaching to have happend, right?

The $15,000 a year pay raise, and the 20% profit sharing had something to do with it.

Ustauk

Quote from: Shayne on October 13, 2006, 07:28:59 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 12, 2006, 11:50:16 PMThough obviously there was some missed job satisfaction there for a successful poaching to have happend, right?

The $15,000 a year pay raise, and the 20% profit sharing had something to do with it.
Congrats :)

Lazybones

Sweet Deal

Mr. Analog

Sweeeeeet.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Even if you where there at 5:00AM and waited till 10:00AM it was not early enough to get a pre order for ether a PS3 OR a Wii.

I expected to still be able to get a Wii preorder but even the Wii seems to be super popular.

City Centre EB only had 6 PS3s for pre order. 6 ! That is fewer quantities than the impossible to get 360 was when released.

Darren Dirt

"The Wait" -- PS3 ad shows what they can't offer in substance they can make up for in style ;)

Direct link to the 'Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjvKWTZvcHA

- - -

LOL @ comment:
InfiniteNothingness   (11 minutes ago)
"I'd like to know exactly who is behind this ad. Oh, wow, this ad is so mysterious and now I am intrigued. They totally convinced me to fork over $600+ dollars for their console with that amazingly persuasive TV spot. Yeah, ok. Sony blows. I'm getting a Wii, for sure. I think Nintendo actually understands that people HAVE LIVES OUTSIDE GAMING and that most people don't want to throw away hundreds and hundreds of dollars into video games."

:D

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Weirdly Sony hasn't really spent any money on TV advertising (so far as I have seen). Has anyone else noticed this?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

I dont think they need to.  The first batch will sell, and many batches after that, seems like a waste of advertising cash

Lazybones

More like the first batch HAS sold.. I don't think they have many more than what was offered for preorder.

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on October 17, 2006, 05:13:50 PM
I think this explains everything.

hehe, I saw that one.. It will be interesting to see if that is what happens.

Tom

It already has ;) There was 6 PS3s, and N Wii's. :P

Shayne

Quote from: Tom on October 17, 2006, 05:16:12 PM
It already has ;) There was 6 PS3s, and N Wii's. :P

Not that hard to repackage a Gamecube ;)  Nintento is going to make Sony and Microsoft look foolish in the short term, that is for certain.

Tom

Its not EXACTLY a game cube :P though it is evolutionary, instead of the "normal" revolutionary.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer