0 (0%)
Screw Consoles, PC is the way to go!
1 (7.1%)
None!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: November 25, 2006, 01:19:33 PM

Mr. Analog

So, what console, if any, do you plan on buying in the future?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Well, I voted PS3 as I will have one in a few weeks, but honestly I'm not looking forward to much on it.  Whatever Microsoft does next I will own as they haven't taken very many (if some, they are minor) missteps along the way, and I really enjoy the franchises and online experience they provide me with.

Fedora Gal

I would love to have a console but honestly I would never play it hehe.

So voted no to the consoles.
PC is enough for me
When the going gets tough, the tough make lemonade!

Melbosa

Being as impressed with the last 2 M$ Consoles as I am... I'd had to vote for the next one from the all-mighty M$.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Cova

Taking into consideration the fact that most people define the "next-gen" consoles as 360, Wii, PS3 - My next-gen console IS a 360 - no plans to get a Wii or PS3

What I buy next for a console - probably a second original Xbox (to accomodate streaming video/music into bedroom via XMBC), or as I voted, whatever MS releases next.

Lazybones

I currently don't own a nextgen console, but plan on getting a Wii on its release. I really like the fun factor in the DS stylus games and look forward to what the motion sensor controller will bring in the Wii.

Might also get a 360 if Gears of War turns out to be all that it is hyped up to be.

Thorin

I voted Wii because I expect it will have more kid-friendly games, it's way cheaper, it has a neato controller (that could become a pain in the long run, who knows), and I have no need for a hi-def output as I don't have nor will buy in the near future a hi-def TV to hook it to.

It'll probably be a while before we buy anything at all, though.  The kids are busy enough with hockey and school, they don't really have much time to sit and play video games (yay!).
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Shayne

The more Wii videos I see the more that I am interested, but to me the lack of HD is 90% the reason I am so against getting one.

Cova

Quote from: Shayne on October 26, 2006, 06:30:07 PM
The more Wii videos I see the more that I am interested, but to me the lack of HD is 90% the reason I am so against getting one.

The Wii looks interesting, but at the same time its a Nintendo product so the vast majority of the games for it are gonna be for people a lot younger than I am.

And I wouldn't buy anything anymore that isn't HD - in fact I'm now trying to stay with all 1080p.

Tonnica

It's Wii for me. I don't own a Gamecube and there are some games I've really wanted to own/play for that system. In fact I've already bought Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube in preperation. In fact, I think I'm going to start buying GC games I wanted on the cheap in preperation for the Wii release. It's a nice bonus alongside being able to play the next-gen titles that'll come out for the Wii.

When they come out with a Harvest Moon game for the Wii that has fishing I'll be totally set. Barring that, River King for Wii. I'm also expecting a Dragon Quest game like the one released earlier this year that uses motion sensing controls to let you hack through the adventure.

Tom

The Wii will play the GC mini disks? I thought Wii's compatibility went only as far as running the same game, but on Wii media?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

From what I've read, the disc reader will accept both the 8cm GameCube discs and the 12cm Wii discs.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on October 26, 2006, 05:28:57 PM
I voted Wii because I expect it will have more kid-friendly games, it's way cheaper, it has a neato controller (that could become a pain in the long run, who knows), and I have no need for a hi-def output as I don't have nor will buy in the near future a hi-def TV to hook it to.

It'll probably be a while before we buy anything at all, though.  The kids are busy enough ... they don't really have much time to sit and play video games (yay!).

What he said. Exactly, completely, totally everything he said. :o :)

Quote from: Thorin on October 27, 2006, 05:20:05 PM
From what I've read, the disc reader will accept both the 8cm GameCube discs and the 12cm Wii discs.
Nintendo is the anti-Sony -- they actually know/careabout their customers, and since so many of us GC owners have 20 or 30 games, we are pleased to know those discs will be totally compatible with the new box. Less waste, more happy!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 02, 2006, 10:21:43 AM
Nintendo is the anti-Sony -- they actually know/careabout their customers, and since so many of us GC owners have 20 or 30 games, we are pleased to know those discs will be totally compatible with the new box. Less waste, more happy!

Actually isn't the Wii the first and only Nintendo console (not portable) to be backward compatible out of the box? No I am not counting the Gameboy Player, as it plays portable games.