looking to buy an XBOX 360? (Nov 17, PS3 release date is the day to do it)

Started by TheDruid, November 16, 2006, 10:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDruid

Tomorrow (Friday Nov 17) One day sale at Future shop XBoX 360 is on sale (to snatch up the dollars of would-be disappointed PS3 buyers no doubt). Here?s the Deal:

XBOX 360 Premium Console
Play-n-Charge kit
Live head set
4 GAMES INCLUDED!
One of which is Gears of War!

Price $450

Not a bad deal. This was communicated to me by a co-worker and i haven?t verified it. But hey, killer deal if its true.

I only drink the blood of my enemies, and on occasion a strawberry smoothie.

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

DAMN..hmmm... hmmmm..

Na... getting the Wii on the weekend, going to have to vist you guys to play some GOW I guess.. ;)

Shayne

I honestly can't see that being true.  No way Gears of War gets bundled with the 360

Ustauk

It is true, at least according to the Future Shop website's page on the bundle.  Although this is tempting, I'll have to pass.  I'm not that into console gaming, I don't have a fancy HD tv, and I just blew a large wad of cash on a vacation :)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Ustauk on November 16, 2006, 11:37:01 PM
It is true, at least according to the Future Shop website's page on the bundle.  Although this is tempting, I'll have to pass.  I'm not that into console gaming, I don't have a fancy HD tv, and I just blew a large wad of cash on a vacation :)

And new windows ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Appears to be Future Shop exclusive (nothing at Best Buy, or EB).  Future Shop is going to make NOTHING on these.  Consider that the Wii has a markup of $12 per console sold (http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/07/wii-retail-details-markup-and-endcaps/3), we can assume (small margin of error) that a 360 and PS3 have a markup around the same 5% as well, that would cover the cost of Gears of War, but leave nothing for profits (hoping people buy the warranty?  maybe an extra controller?).

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

TheDruid

Apparently this is a holiday bundle that is going to be around for a while. The price of $450 is for today only, then it goes to $500, all the same gear included.

Shayne

(not gears of war though) You can get this bundle with an extra controller and a play and charge kit at Costco for $550

TheDruid

So i was just at EB, decided to go down an watch the fireworks for a bit. Everysecond customer had PS3 on their lips, and the employees could only laugh at the insanity of the situation.

But what really made me laugh is when i saw the launch games on the shelve for PS3, Oblivion, Call of Duty 3, NHL 2K7 Etc. So basically you got all these poeple comming in and getting pissed because there are no PS3s available, when you could buy the 360 right now, get basically the same games with the same quality of graphics and a much cheaper price tag. You ask what the big deal is, and the adverage PS3 enthusiast will say "I want to be the *First*", thats when i say, yeah i remember being the *first* playing these games... SIX MONHTS AGO  :D

Darren Dirt

Listening to the radio yesterday evening, all these people waiting in line outside the Future Shop stores (apparently the Northgate one had free donuts from the radio station, and free PIZZA from the FS manager!) ... a quick poll by the radio lady turns out nearly half of those were gonna SELL the unit for a profit...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

the real kicker to this is I bet the next 2 shipments will also sell very well on Ebay, it will be a pretty good time before PS3 can meet the demand and keep them on the shelf.  Microsoft launched with more consoles and it wasn't until late spring that you could find them everywhere.

TheDruid

Search on EBay right now returns over 10,000 results on PS3.

6 Auctions for PS3 close in the next 10 mins alone, for an adverage of $2,400