Secret Steam Santa Anyone?

Started by Tom, November 27, 2013, 01:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

It wouldn't actually be much of a secret, but whatever.

I decided to buy a few games in the fall sale here, already picked up a 4 pack of one game, that I will spread around! I was thinking it might be neat if others felt like getting in on the deal. We all buy a couple/few games and send them around.

To be honest though there aren't that many games on steam that I'm interested in atm that are actually available for linux. which sucks, so my selections are limited. But the game I just bought is a windows only game, I'm hoping it gets ported at some point (and I can actually use my desktop sometimes, maybe), but I'm so giving away the extra three copies.

What say ye?

edit: I've got 8 separate games, and a few extra copies of a few of them. So I have plenty to give away :) one of which is related to my new avatar.

Participants:

Mr. Analog
Melbosa
Tom
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

That's a wonderful idea.

We should do a signup thing then, were people sign up for the secret steam santa deal here

Put a max $$$ amount too, then track it through the original post!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 27, 2013, 01:54:27 PM
That's a wonderful idea.

We should do a signup thing then, were people sign up for the secret steam santa deal here

Put a max $$$ amount too, then track it through the original post!
I don't quite follow (but then I've had 4 hours of sleep in the past 36-48).

Mr. Analog

People who want to get in on the deal have to sign up for it (by replying to this thread)

Then we all trade games with each other!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 27, 2013, 02:04:12 PM
People who want to get in on the deal have to sign up for it (by replying to this thread)

Then we all trade games with each other!

Ahh, I see. Sure. Makes sense. With some of the prices of these games, I don't think it should be limited to a single game, or single trade. imo. I was thinking of buying several games, especially ones I might like to play with people later ;)

Melbosa

I'm in... but I have to confess that I have some gifts for everyone coming Friday to Mr. Analog's already :P  Not expensive but fun gifts.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Well I'm in for sure

Now to pick out fun stuffs for everyone :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I am in as well, to be clear!  So are we doing a Secret Santa Lotto draw or everyone is buying everyone something?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Good question, what do you think?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Melbosa on November 27, 2013, 03:22:45 PM
I'm in... but I have to confess that I have some gifts for everyone coming Friday to Mr. Analog's already :P  Not expensive but fun gifts.
I was going to do other stuff as well. Nothing original, but meh. This game thing was just a whim and I came up with it today :)

We can do it any way you want, my first idea was to buy some good, but cheap games, and just splash them out to whoever claimed/wanted them. got one so far, waiting for more autumn sales.

Tom

I've got 8 separate games now, and a few extra copies of a few of them. So I have plenty to give away :) one (two?) of which is related to my new avatar. :D

So I've updated the OP. How does everyone want to do this?

Mr. Analog

Dang, that's a good question.

Should we trade early or later?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

And do we just give random games? Or put out a list and let people claim some? I mean some people getting games they already have would kinda suck.

Mr. Analog

True Dat

I think I'm going to pick specific games for people :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I went with semi-random steam sales (and one humblebundle) I know some of you may have one or two games that I have to give.. so I dunno. maybe I'll just listem and you guys can claim :)