1.8 is out

Started by LennyLen, September 03, 2014, 09:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Speaking of which....

ONE POINT EIGHT?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

1.8 smp is actually kinda broken atm. entities go missing. its super laggy due to broken mob ai... etc.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

EVERYTHING ELSE THO
is super duper awesome
so plz 1.8

~A Haiku by Me
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I noticed something was wrong with the server. It should be fixed now. Let me know.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on October 07, 2014, 05:39:24 PM
I noticed something was wrong with the server. It should be fixed now. Let me know.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!! HOLY POO !!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Hmm, I didn't expect that. Must be a weird glitch? Minecraft can get pretty glitchy.

ALSO the server was acting pretty laggy when I was on checking things out. It was peggin both cores of the vm just while I was walking around. Maybe that'll get better... But everything I've heard says that 1.8 smp is super laggy.

Mr. Analog

MY GOD IT'S FULL OF AWESOME

No lag here at all

GET THE NEW SPHAX TEXTURES!!
http://bdcraft.net/purebdcraft-minecraft
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Thank you very much, Tom.  NOW you're allowed to go on vacation :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on October 07, 2014, 07:07:40 PM
Thank you very much, Tom.  NOW you're allowed to go on vacation :)
Yeah... I'm just procrastinating, and very tired, so doing other things wasnt likely to happen :P

Tom

Also, its not a vacation. :P

Also, if you guys notice some lag from hanging about too long in areas, either log out to despawn @%&#, or tell me and we can downgrade to 1.8 pre1 which is /a lot/ smoother.

Mr. Analog

Will do. And thanks again for updating
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Note to self the /tp command does not have an automatic y coordinator safety to put you on the surface. It will happily to you to under the map if you enter 0 0 0

Didn't need that diamond enchanted gear now did I.

Also the command block to tp back from the mob spawned was removed ? And replaced with a really long walk back?

Tom

It wasn't gone the last time I checked.. I can't imagine why a person would do such a thing...

LennyLen

It was there a couple of days ago, but it wasn't working.  I have no idea why.  I copied the command and entered it from the console and it worked fine, but nothing was happening when I pressed the button.

update: I made a new one in a slightly different position, and it works, so I've removed the old one.

p.s.  It hadn't been removed, it just wasn't working

Mr. Analog

I validated my own TP block commands first day we had 1.8 going and didn't have any issues, I think I may have been a little OCD setting them up in the first place because I did make note of all three co-ords and they should be in the blocks.

If anyone needs more blocks set up let me know, I don't mind taking the time to set up blocks to help people get around the map. PM me a list of co-ords and I'll set them up over the week.

Cheers

P.S. Redstone timing / signal strengths seem different, so if you had any redstone gizmos and haven't tested them I suggest you do, in a lot of cases it was just moving repeaters around, fairly minimal but annoying when you expect stuff to just work.
By Grabthar's Hammer