ZyCraft: What's it good for!

Started by Mr. Analog, January 08, 2013, 10:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I'm sure if you're like me your quarry has picked up a bunch of Zycraft stuff, but don't throw it out!

Sulphur can be made into sulphur torches, which combined with Aluminium creates aluminium torches (both of which add at least 1 block of additional light from the source)

Corn kernels can be planted and made into a variety of food items (corn on the cob, popcorn, etc)

The crystals themselves can be smelted into bars and formed into decorative blocks or extremely blast-proof plates.

By far the cheapest blast-proofing currently available in Feed the Beast.

From what I've read there are going to be "end-game" or high tier applications for this stuff as the mod develops, so don't recycle it all just yet :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Turning them into their block form they don't take up that much space anyway... I was planning on making some very fancy looking buildings with them

Tom

Yeah, I saw some of the "machines" that will be coming from xycraft in the future, and it looks fancy. Something you may want to play with in the future.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

I do sometimes wonder if Zycraft is displacing more valuable items with how much of it spawns...

Mr. Analog

I had that same thought which is why I looked it up.

one video I saw showed a nuclear bomb being blocked by ZyCraft plates, it was nuts.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 08, 2013, 10:36:10 AM
I had that same thought which is why I looked it up.

one video I saw showed a nuclear bomb being blocked by ZyCraft plates, it was nuts.

That may need to be balanced.... However I have seen videos showing re-enforced Glass and Stone used as aswell.

Mr. Analog

Reinforced glass/stone is good for that as well but is much more expensive.

For 7 blocks of reinforced glass you need TWO Advanced Alloys

Mixed metal ingots used to be cheaper to make when tin/copper was much more abundant in Tekkit.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I don't think its ores are replacing anything. Otherwise there'd probably be no iron left in the map with everything else that gets generated.

I have to wonder about RP2's marble though. I know the volcanos and buildcraft oil stuff will wipe various things out...

Mr. Analog

To me it's odd, as I recall Tekkit being a lot more copper/tin friendly. Like I had so many stacks I didn't know what to do with it all.

Maybe we just got lucky on that server?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 08, 2013, 11:50:13 AM
To me it's odd, as I recall Tekkit being a lot more copper/tin friendly. Like I had so many stacks I didn't know what to do with it all.

Maybe we just got lucky on that server?
Nope. FTB changed the ore setup a little. The copper and tin are all coming from Thermal Expansion rather than IC2 or RedPower. And TE's default rules are quite different than IC2/RP2s.

Restarted the server a little while ago, so the second uppage of copper+tin is live. So we should see some decent amount of copper/tin now,

Mr. Analog

Good good! I will move my current quarry to new unloaded lands :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on January 08, 2013, 11:52:39 AM
Restarted the server a little while ago, so the second uppage of copper+tin is live. So we should see some decent amount of copper/tin now,

If you move your mining to new, unexplored chunks.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on January 08, 2013, 02:14:26 PM
Quote from: Tom on January 08, 2013, 11:52:39 AM

If you move your mining to new, unexplored chunks.
Indeed.