Yogscast has switched to FTB \o/

Started by Tom, March 06, 2013, 06:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Woo! Might see them playing with some of the new mod stuff. Basically they went from playing 1.2.5 for the past year or so, up to 1.4.x! Should be cool.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I'm interested in the custom modding they've done, though it seems like there are some weird glitches (i.e. all their buildcraft pipes turned to sand (!?) )

But yeah! Excited to see what will happen next.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Oddly enough as well I've been playing with Thaumcraft on my own time (trying to figure that madness out).

But hey, if I can sort out how to use bloody Factorization I can do anything (right?)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 06, 2013, 06:34:20 PM
I'm interested in the custom modding they've done, though it seems like there are some weird glitches (i.e. all their buildcraft pipes turned to sand (!?) )

But yeah! Excited to see what will happen next.
I'm assume the sand is because they killed the server with all of the automated junk, so whatshisname ran an mcedit filter to turn all bc pipes to sand. That's my guess anyhow.

Tom

Mr. Analog

I'm surprised there are no mahogany floors to go with the mahogany doors

Also for a second I thought we might get a sneak peek at the Blackrock Fortress crater.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So far the focus across Yog-channels has been on Thaumcraft and bee-keeping (Forestry), possibly the two most nightmarish aspects of FTB (excluding Factorization of course)

I can't wait to watch Sjin learn how to make a damn impregnated case

At least there are decent guides out there now, compared to a few short months ago when I was learning which was spotty forum posts and really-bad-mic YouTube videos

Even then, bees are glitchy as hell. Sometimes fixing an apiary's requirements was as easy as logging off and then back on again...

Then when you finally have bee products you need to build more machines to process it... augh

Thaumcraft is equally annoying because of the timesink involved in learning stuff, I played around with it on our server, which in a way is good because the ratio of Thaumcraft stuff is so off the charts I can burn through stacks of shards without thinking about it.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I've been enjoying watching the Forestry stuff, they sure like bees...

I've also been watching Duncan's channel for Thaumcraft stuff but beyond a few cool things (like the levitators) I haven't seen anything really stand out.

It seems like one of those mods that takes forever to get to the "fun tier"
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 03, 2013, 08:44:00 AM
I've been enjoying watching the Forestry stuff, they sure like bees...

I've also been watching Duncan's channel for Thaumcraft stuff but beyond a few cool things (like the levitators) I haven't seen anything really stand out.

It seems like one of those mods that takes forever to get to the "fun tier"
There are some really neat things in thaumcraft. Axe of the Stream? Boots of the Traveler? Portable Hole (HELLO ACME???)? and GOLEMS! God I want to play with golems.

Mr. Analog

That stuff looks cool, but to get there you need to invest a lot of time in Thaumcraft lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I think the boots and axe aren't too bad. But the advanced golems mean you need to get through to tier 3 of thaumcraft which is a lot.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on April 03, 2013, 10:56:01 AM
I think the boots and axe aren't too bad. But the advanced golems mean you need to get through to tier 3 of thaumcraft which is a lot.

Exactly!

If I go back to FTB it may be time to set up some kind of Wizard-y tower
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I think when we update to the latest ftb, we'll need to think about making a villager farm, since we'll need it for both thaumcraft and mystcraft as villagers will be the only decent places to get things like knowledge fragments and age symbols.

Mr. Analog

There's a village in the desert-y age, I keep marking it with waypoints but they keep resetting.

Maybe I'll just make pavement or something leading to it.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I have found waypoints in the Ages to be very flaky in general.